Conspiracy among bird owners on this site!!!!

Moderator: Mods

Milamber3790

Conspiracy among bird owners on this site!!!!

Post by Milamber3790 »

how come uv all got like 3-4 birds and breeding birds and otha stuff...
is there sum big bird conspiracy about ringnecks???
i meen u all seem to be breeders or sumfin.
have i stumbled onto a site just for superduper bird breeders or is it just realy easy to breed ringnecks, is it cos u can sell the chiks for a million buks, is it cos ur all just realy into this bird thing? i dont no...
im just feeling like i dont no sumfin here? (im not making sence am i)
i have a lutino and of course wudnt it be great to breed him once he gets his ring. and u all make it sound so easy!!!
yeh so plz reply.

PS if found this forum to be a real help thx guys!
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

No conspiracy, just bird lovers sharing their experiences. Once you fall in love with these guys you just want to know everything there is to know about them.

There are professional breeders that share here, and some newbies like me that happened along a rescue pair that want to try a round of babies for the couple.

There are owners that know all about breeding just from reading, but have never an may never experience it.

It's good to know everything about these babies incase one day you come across a situation where you need to do a rescue, anything from new hatchling to adult abused bird.

Being informed is what we are about. Sharing and caring and looking after our fids the best we possibly can. Forming a bond and enjoying everything about our wonderful human/bird relationships.

Just nutcases for ringnecks :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Well said, no conspiracy, WE LOVE IRNS, plenty of non breeders here too. :wink: We have a good bunch here. From people who are learning to very knowledgeble people.

Yep we are birdy nuts. :lol:

Also, from what Ive read, breeding is said to be easy, but Im guessing for a novice can be confusing. I also wouldnt breed a pet IRN that youve bonded to. Breeders are not tame.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

:? Last season I bred my kai with a wild female we rescued and kai is still tame, they were housed inside in our birdroom and had their babies there.

Kai has even had a good effect on mickey, she comes out now with him and has been on my husbands knee taking treats. Not that we can get her to step up or anything but still, she follows kai around like a little lost puppy, so we simply step him up to put him back into his cage and she follows him in.

Mine is an acceptional case I guess. :)
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Jay

Post by Jay »

Pet hens can be vicious when they have chicks especially since as pets, they have no fear of humans whatsoever. During breeding season, forget about stepping up, cuddling. smooching... they want no part of that.

But after the breeding season, they will revert back to their old sweet self... kinda like a Jekyll and Hyde transformation.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Dats what I meant. :roll:

Kyria, thats really remarkable. I would never of thought.. :wink:

I can't see my Jibby being a daddy. I don't think he 'gets' other birdys. I mean hes in love with his toy bell! :lol:
Ed Loschi

Yes it is a conspiracy--and We are tracking you.

Post by Ed Loschi »

Yes. We are a conspiracy and We are tracking you.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

PsittaculaChick wrote:I can't see my Jibby being a daddy. I don't think he 'gets' other birdys. I mean hes in love with his toy bell! :lol:

so long as he is happy :)
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

and imagine the offspring!
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Baby green fluffy bells! :lol:
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I think it's the MBS striking (Multiple Bird Syndrome) Once you get one, you get another and another then you have too many and then they breed. And by the end your overrun with birds and you sit on forums all day and talk with fellow Victims of this dreaded disease.

I started with one cockatiel..
Then one Sun Conure, then a ringneck, 3 more sun conures, 2 more ringnecks, then 2 breeding pairs and it just keeps going.
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

I think you may have hit the nail on the head (she says from under the pellets and down)
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

You are right! :shock: Its a very serious disease. I think we are all blind to the fact that we are all... birdy... NUTS. We are turning into... BIRDIES! :shock:
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

naa its controllable << said as she runs out the door to the airport to pick up her new quaker pair.. lmao :shock: :roll: :lol:

Good to see you back Neo *hugs*
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Nice little teaser there Miss Angie.....we want pics and details!
MCS
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

MBS is an infliction that strikes many. There is no cure...well, it can go away for a little while with the getting of a new bird...but it will only be for a few weeks...

It's how I ended up with two ekkies, Prinny, Rajah and I am going to see about another one today

Dani
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

I think I am infected with the disease also :lol: . I started out with just a cockateil, then an indian ring neck, and now a yellow nape amazon, and have been craving a friend for peanut :wink: . It is highly contageous! :lol:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Watch out Harper, your next! hehe.
TropicalAussie

Post by TropicalAussie »

OK, finally I know what MBS is!! And I soooooooooo, have it!

We started with Nibbler, our Miniature Lorikeet, then came Zorro, our lovebird and now Iago our IRN.

On the weekend I almost bought another Lovebird to keep Zorro company while he's a Mum's place but it was a green peachface and Zorro's a green masked. I wasn't sure if they would get along and Mum would kill me for getting another bird.
Then, I saw this beautiful Eclectus parrot at the petstore, 9 months old, they keep him on a perch at the paying counter. He's so beautiful but unfortunately he also $1200!!!
:o
Thank god for budgets or I would have about fifty birds!!