The Breakthrough

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

The Breakthrough

Post by Lauren »

OMG!! Jibby and Yoda are sleeping.... TOGETHER!!! :shock:

They normally put themselves to sleep in their own cages at sunset. But tonight, they sleeping together! They seem to be getting along more now.

One question, Will they be ok sleeping together? No fighting? The cage door is open incase someone needs to get out. I'm so happy for dem. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

:D cool .. seems to me they are taking things at their own pace, thats how pickle and Jordan began sleeping together and they do just fine, even with the door shut now. So long as they can get away from each other if they do have a spat, all should be good.

Pickle puts Jordan in his place still, but its more a lunge and a little growl once in a long while and nothing more now :D

Seems to me yours are slowly finding their place together. Still, just keep and ear and an eye open for a while. No matter how well fids get along you must always be aware the best of buds can still have moods with each other. :roll:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

congrats :)
our fids have 1 large cage between the 2 of them. Theyre fine together through out the day etc.
Occasionally we have days when they chase each other round growling, high pitched squawking, etc lol we generally put a stop to this when we see it, but as were not home much during the week, we obviously cant even know 1/2 of em, as rare as they are.
They often argue over who gets which perch, till eventually theyre both happy. We allow this, as long as it dont get outta hand, being as they need to get a feel of the 'pecking order' so to speak. That being said, there is a point where enough is enough and we step in, but they dont get there often at bedtime, days on top of the cage can be different though.
Archimedes can be a nasty lil bully at times too. Baby is just so sweet tempered, just wants to sing and dance and be happy :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thankyou. They were fine last night. :wink: All Yoda has to do is lunge and growl at Jibby and Jibbys outa there! :roll: The cage is big enough to house both of them, but I will always keep the smaller cage if one needs some time out.

Seems like Jibby has changed his attitude since Yoda 'took over'. Hes more needy for my attention even though he gets most of the day, wants more cuddles, and hasn't biten me in months. (bit my partner though :roll:).

Yoda has definately put Jibby in his place. Of course, Yoda slept higher in the cage than Jibby. Always has to be top birdy. *shakes head* So we'll see what happens tonight at bedtime. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year