emergency vet trip - right now

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

emergency vet trip - right now

Post by ambros1a »

ok guys, been busy with work and fids and stuff, babys had issues with one wing since we got her, last few days its been bleeding a bit, we put flour on it like i learnt from u guys, but shes still bleeding, and seems to be picking at it :shock:
thats about the best pic i could get, shes so touchy about us getting near it. Im waiting on my dad to get here to take me and both fids off to the vet. shall let yas know what happens
Donna

Post by Donna »

It's a broken blood feather from what I can see from the photo. The vet is going to pull that feather out and she'll be fine. I do these myself but if you have never done one before it's a good idea to have the vet do it. Keep us posted.

Donna
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

yea thats what i was thinking
the vet pulled 2 out the first time she went there about 5 months ago, so will see how many they need to do today
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Poor Baby! Yep looks like a blood feather. Hope shes well. Keep us updated when you get back.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

ok were back, they had to take out 5 bloodfeathers :shock:
shes not too happy right now, both are still in the small cage, i was told the flour was the right thing (duh lol i got u guys haha) but looks like shes been possibly picking at them. Her weight is 114g, down a lil from the 118g she was b4, and arch is 108g.
he swabbed baby for a poo check, poor lil darlin has been bleeding a bit since, but is gettin better. They both got a wing clip (how freakin weird the vet only clipped one.. i told him no thx, theyre strong fliers, both!!!)
i got a couple of pics
ImageImage
doesnt look too nice =\ poor darling, least i got to be good guy, straight up to mummys shoulder away from the badman hahaha
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

5 bloodfeathers! Oh dear Baby! Poor thing. :(

Both wings need to be clipped for balance. I dont know why the vet did that.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

*Violently attacks whomever clipped that bird and doesnt stop til she makes THEM bleed*

Here, there is 5 of their feathers. I just took them out of their ****! :evil:

Poooooor Baby, Lord have mercy!
~ Mikaela Sky

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

awww mik honey shes MUCH better now, once she cleaned herself up a little bit, it doesnt look quite so bad, but 5 feathers had me shocked! my poor lil darling i was almost crying when she came out saw blood all over her beautiful clean white feathers, then to add on top of that, the vet did an anal swab :shock: and my poor darling was pooping blood!!!! she came out, soon as she got on my finger she pooed and looked at me as though to say 'LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO ME MUM :cry: * (btw, NO i didnt get them into the avian vet, just the normal one id originally taken baby to as theyd treated that wing before) but this guy was young... and well... i dunno....
so hence when it was arch's turn i said *Point* theres his poo he did it b4 i watched him.. but nooooo... bastard! still took my baby out back and did the same thing, but he wasnt pooping blood, sooooo i dunno (i know baby was biting HARD i did warn him) whatta long hour at the vet that was... will post pics of the 'after' soon as i can get them.
alls i can think is id be so freakin lost without u guys and all the tips n info you all have to share, id never have thought of flour, my fiancee looked at me strange but did as i suggested, now he knows what to do in future too, lol i think, this info actually helped save babys life, the bleeding wasnt so bad, we did the flour, then it got worse i tried more, but knew a vet trip was in order, so here i am, having a day of work, to care for the fids lol
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

hope your baby feels better soon!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Hugs you and welcomes you 'home'.
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

So happy Baby is ok.

I have never heard of putting flower on them to stop bleeding. Lucky I found this forum! :wink:

Baby should of biten the vet HARDER! :twisted:
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

yea i am very relieved now, glad shes been looked to, hopefully it gets better this time, they suspect shes been picking and asked
if she could be bored i described our cage, and he saw the toys in the little cage and said it couldnt be that, said maybe it was just
bothering her, so she was attacking it and making more worse :(
they also tested arch's poo + crop for parasites etc, all clean :D
2 healthy and hopefully now happier fids will get pics tomorrow, and show you guys the progress, thx again everyone for the help'n'support
i dont think we'd have gotten this far with the fids without everything you guys have to offer :D
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

*hug* oh dear i'm glad things are looking better. I'da been a wreck had i seen the vet do that. Keep us posted.
~the stubborn one~