new emotions

Moderator: Mods

Peanut

new emotions

Post by Peanut »

wow peanut sure has changed latley. he used to try to attack our other bird, and now he tries to cuddle with her and groom her. its weird, but interesting. peanut also did something really weird last week. we went out of town for about a day, and when we came home peanut was really weird. i walked over to the top of his cage, he put his beak right on my lips and started talking. he hasn't done it since. it was really weird. his pupils got really tiny. he he. i love that little turd.
Bird crazy

Love the bird

Post by Bird crazy »

I think Peanut loves you too.

They are so sweet sometimes.

Just make sure others continue to interact with Peanut so he
doesn't get to exclusive with you.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

here is the thing. peanut LOVES to be around me and other people, but he despises my b/f who bought him. he likes other boys, but not dan. dan has always tried to hold peanut and love him. he will let dan pick him up, but flys away after. this goes on forever. he takes treats from dan too. i think peanut favors me though. its like he always has to be sitting on me or be right next to me all the time. he does let others hold him/cuddle him, but is way attached to me. is this a bad thing?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww! Poor Dan! hehe.

Ringnecks seem to just wake up in a completely different mood. Got up on the right side of the perch today! :lol:

I hope my Yoda just decides to love Gilbert not hate him. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

He may have done something completely UNbird related. lol

No seriously, he may have made a face, moved a certain way at one time that freaked him out, it could be a million things.

Sounds like Jealousy though hehe. My birds arent Jealous of other humans (wouldnt do them any good to be, 4 kids a husband and two businesses to run... I dont tolerate jealousy).

Does he pace or anything when he sees Dan loving on you? Take notice... we'll try to get to the bottom of at least why.... if not fix it all together!
~ Mikaela Sky

Peanut

emotions

Post by Peanut »

peanut doesn't pace when he sees dan, he just moves away from him. its like he wants nothing to do with him and comes looking for me. i've talked to peanut about this. peanut will let dan hold him on his finger, but wont let him cuddle him or sit on his shoulder. we'll be sitting on the love seat next to eachother and peanut will either be on top of me or on the head rest right behind me. i pick him up to give him to dan, and he runs back to me. he also poops on dan when dan holds him.
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Guess Peanut told him, huh? I have a good friend who married someone with a parrot who did not like her. We all kept saying Calypso would come around; had their 25th anniversary last month and he STILL doesn't like her. Silly bird!
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh birdies, they make me laugh. They are very picky with who they let around them.

Gilbert will only 'talk' to my partner but will not let him touch. Even when hes sleeping in his cage and my partner walks up to him he'll wake up and start chattering to him. But growls at me if I do the same. :( Loves me during the day. But at night hes like 'grr leave me alone!'
He used to adore my sister, now when she comes over he bites her. My sister is going through a goth stage. Black hair and nails. We've noticed he HATES black fingernails.

Maybe peanut just doesnt like Dan's style? hehe. But does sound like jealousy to me. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year