MBS HITS AGAIN

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

MBS HITS AGAIN

Post by ambros1a »

im seeing feathers... pretty feathers... for christmas :):):):)

will let you all know VERY soon

hehe
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Pics...don't forget the pics!

Dani
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

mmmmmmm i saw yellow :D
mebbe i was thinkin bout sun/son too a little... :lol:

meet archimedes guys hes an 8wk old lutino ringneck aint he adorable :) hes my xmas present from my partner, he got to name him tho

so tell me guys how do i do this? lol
how long to separate them etc
any info to help
i love him already!!!!
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

what a lil cutie! Lol my hubby has said he will take my credit card off me if another feathery creature enters this house hehee
Merry christmas archimedes!
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

hey ambrosia are you in brissie?
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

yep, surely am :)
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

and i had permission from my man for this one, he didnt know what to get me and i had feathers on the brain lol

we were originally gonna get this beautiful female lorikeet, but the cage was accidentally left open, and she took off in seconds (reminds me to take both babies to the vet for another clipping when the new addition has his checkup)

but hes very definate now... this is the largest our flock is allowed to grow :D NO MORE BIRDS he says (my dad says i should start on his mini cricket team now till we reminded him esp at this time of year, how expensive that could get, the fids will be hard enuff to buy for lol)

arc (as were callin him now) arc or arcie (not archie lol) is sweet and gentle, we had him out a little while today, but then as it was about the time in the shop he would sleep, we put him in the spare room (he didnt like being covered, so we took that off) and closed the door when we saw him tucked in, such a sweet little guy, the lady told us at this age he barely knows the meaning of bite, and just in case he starts bobbing his head, being only8wks old, shes given me some powered baby food, she said to make into a thin kinda paste and spoon feed him, till then we will wait to see if he touches his food
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

ackkkkk

workin on resizing that sig now =\

thats muuuuuuuuch better
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

did you get him off a lady called Sally by any chance?
Kate
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

not too sure of her name, she owns a store at chermside thats where weve gotten both of our babies from
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

ahhh ok, sorry was just thinking the lady that I got Biscuit and Olie off in brisbane has lutino's for sale about that age and thought that you might have gotten him off the same lady :oops:
Kate
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

s'all kewl, ive learnt theres a LOT of ringneck breeders around lately, a few at bupengary, the guys on here, a few down the coast some up the coast too.... id never really heard of ringnecks till august, now i see them everywhere lol
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

A new Baby!

Su(o)n is sooo scared. He is getting better but he has along way to go. Because he fans his wings and tail when I try to hold him, I am forced to believe he was a 'pretty cage bird'.

To be looked at, not touched. Which is really weird to me because yes he bites but not enough to hurt you. He doesnt intend to hurt you.

Or, I have been biten so many times by a demon ringneck that anything short of that is unnoticable.

I give baby a bad rap... since he has gotten older he has chilled alot. He knows biting hurts and its wrong. He will now hit me with his open beak but I havent bleed since I can remember.

Minus the bird stuck to my boob at the groomers incident anyway. :oops:

I still have all my parts, no scares. I didnt think breast feeding would ever be an option again. :oops:
~ Mikaela Sky

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

hahahaha thats freakin hilarius

poor lil sun though, ive come to think some cages are kinna cruel, esp those so called 'budgie' cages.. man i couldnt keep one in there and not feel guilty now, after buying this MASSIVE cage for baby/loki (lol my mans tryna insist on me using THAT name now)
the lady at the shop said we should be able to keep archimedes in the cage with baby as its big enough they should have space to be away from each other.

but to be just another ornament... that little darling will be MUCH happier in a loving developmental environment.

we were told also being so young, she (oops did it again, HE) barely knows the meaning of bite, so we wont be teaching that, ive already given him kisses... come to think of it, not sure if my mans had a nurse of the new 'baby' yet lol
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Congratulations -- a lovely addition to the family!
MCS
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Ooo...

MORE PICS!

Dani
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

heh theyre a commin... lol

this morning archimedes hadnt looked like hed eaten a thing since we brought him home, so we decided to make a paste outta the baby bird food they gave us, and sppod fed him for a little while. That seems to have done the trick coz after we gave him some we put him back in the cage and let him relax a while. We had people around for a while had a look at him again, and YAY seed in beak, munchin away happily :D
well, i want him to eat lots oof things, so down to the shops i went, got some black seeded grapes, broccoli and some snow+sugar snap peas.
He tried it all :) the grapes were scary at first, but then veeeeeeery tasty lol peas were a hit too, broccoli was something more to 'beak' and lick lol

ImageImage
hahaha just as i was writing this, baby was playin with the ring toys in her cage, i looked over, and omg, my first thought was baby was lookin at those pics of son/sun coz i was showing people today, and well, ARCHIMEDES WANTS HIS RING TOO :lol: :D :shock: lol
poor lil guy looks like he wants to grow up already, but mumma says no, be a baby a lil longer :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Big bird is sticking as a name over here. :lol:

It does fit him though. HUGE baby. Yellow and dorky. Baby is far dorkier though. Way more active.
~ Mikaela Sky

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

lol, well archimedes has had LOTS to eat today, after having to have the initial bit of 'baby formula' to get him in the mood, he started on his seed, then had grapes, peas, corn (big hit), roast pumpkin (omg he was bobbin and gulpin that down fast as), broccoli and plums. Tomorrow hell try apple and banana and anything else i can think of yummy lol.
he was so funny, ate and ate for like 2-3 hours, snoozed on his food dish a while, then ate some more... the result being this fat little baby lol

however i do believe he was underfed a lil and may have had to fight a lil for some food coz there was so many birds in each lil cage, and only like 1 visible food and 1 water dish i could see, for all those hungry babies... and also as he is diggin in as much as baby/loki was when she came home (only 4 months ago, lol mbs didnt take long to kick in at all) :D :shock: :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I dont know why in the world my Big Bird is SO BIG. He is about 3 and HUGE... makes Baby look like an actual baby. I didnt realize how much growing Baby had to do.

Whats weird is, he came to me on a lifelong seed diet. Maybe he had to gorge to get the nutrients he needed.

He is still scared but getting better.
~ Mikaela Sky

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

omg he's adorable! :)
I wish i'd seen lou at that age!
~the stubborn one~