pellets

Moderator: Mods

Anne

pellets

Post by Anne »

Hi there,
I've searched Bahrain for pellets for Milo for months and finally found a pet store which sells them. They're called NutriBird BEO komplet. Makers I think are Versele-Laga. Has anyone used these. Milo seems to like them but only if he's not got a choice between them and seed.
The other thing is he would sell his soul for corn on the cob. Is it ok to give him this on a regular basis or should it only be a treat.
Anne
Anne C
Bird crazy

corn

Post by Bird crazy »

I think corn is ok for the bird but like anything it's best to mix it up and feed a variety, even giving seed along with the pellets and fresh foods.

I'm not familiar with the pellets you mentioned. But variety is the key to any healthy diet for humans or pets.
Try cutting the corn off the cob and mixing it with other veggies, he might try them as he's rooting through the rest of the stuff for the corn.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Anne

pellets

Post by Anne »

Thanks for your suggestions bird crazy. I'll certainly try mixing the corn with other veggies as I've not found any other veg that Milo likes. This may be a way to get him interested in other things.
He seems to be ok with the pellets so I'll carry on with them as it seems to be all that's available here in Bahrain.
Anne C