TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!!

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!!

Post by ambros1a »

ok, well ive come to the conclusion i either need to rob a bank, or start makin my own toys, coz they sure arent cheap! lol

so, ive been in and outta hospital the last few days, cant work monday, maybe longer... this has been keepin me busy lol.

my first idea has been to get a crappy old teatowel i cant use coz it has never absorbed water enough, and left too much tuff behind on the plates, got a bunch of wooden beads and stuff from the cheapie shop down the road $2 a pack pretty much, from 4-20pieces, depending on size. So i got about 6 diff sizes and some coloured shell stone things, and have been in the process of sewing them all onto the teatowel with some 100% linen thread i got frm the sewing shop.

i wanted something natural and undyed that would be safe if she was chewing on it, or decided to taste some, this was the ladys refeeral as it is also much thicker than all the cottons (all dyed as well) that she had.

baby started playin with it today, im not quite done, but she was loving it already.. oh yea, my partner picked up 2 diff types of bells for me to put on as well, she LOVED those, so lots of them coming up haha.

Also, as an added touch on an old favorite, i got some of the wooden beads and sewed them onto a side of her rope and wood swing, didnt take her long to get one off, lets see how long it last, alls i can say is.. i need more thread already 5m is gone too fast haha (plus, helps if i could sew properly, i think she can undo my knots too easily, even thru the other side haha)

Pics comin soon :) and if anyone else has other homemade toys they wanna share, plz do ill try copy what i can
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby, do this....

Go to walmart and get some wooden baby blocks.

Drill a hole through the middle of them.

String rope through the blocks and tye a knot to hold it there on the rope. Repeat every 2-6 inches, depending on how well your bird get around.

Hang two of them side by side for a real show, your bird turns into a monkey. The second one can just be a taught rope with no blovks just knots. One will then remain mobile and one with the blocks will sway.

Tie a bell on it if you have a lil extra cash.

Total price for a 60.00 toy? Maybe 10 bux of money and and hour of time spent with your baby making it.

Trust me. :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Do you have a WAREHOUSE in QLD?, I think its was SOLEYS up your way? I bought heaps of great toys, ropes, bells, ladders, swings.. and payed under 20 for it all! I want to make some toys for my bubs now sounds like fun! :D