All registrations must be approved by an admin. Having problems with registration? E-mail us at indianringnecks@gmail.com

ack! LICE!?!?!?!

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

ack! LICE!?!?!?!

Post by ambros1a » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:29 am

gross, gross and double gross
no wonder poor baby has been scratchin around her head so much.
ok, so i was givin baby a pat yesterday when she came out for me for the first time in the afternoon when ive gotten home from work, she was sittin on my arm, enjoying some head rubs, beak clicking away contentedly, and i see something brown/black invading her beautiful white feathers, after a little bit of discreet killing and pulling the dead creature out, only to see another 2-3 moving around in there. poor little darling, she will be much happier when i go get her some treatment (hopefully 2morrow after work, depending, since the 'vet' down the road from me, did not have a single bird item on display in the store, yet said they were qualified to take an injured native bird in that i found in my back yard :?: :!: :?: :!: beyond me, anywayz) or i may have to wait till the weekend until then, all i can do is kill as many of the nasty little bastards as i could see around her head and chest, and remove what bodies i could...
feel so sorry for the lil darlin.
i keep tellin her, mummy will make it all better soon
but she must have come home from the pet shop with them... shes been near no birds since coming home... shes been dealin with em for at least 3 weeks then...i know id be insane by noww, mebbe once theyre gone, shell be even sweeter :D :D :D :D

oh yea, if anyone knows any home tips on gettin ridda the suckers, baby would love you forever lol

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:32 am

Bless her heart. She will be happier.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:49 am

Poor baby...hope you can find something to get rid of those nasty things

Dani

Cindy

Bird Lice

Post by Cindy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:27 am

Please, Please do NOT use an over the counter med or one of those lice mite thingys for the cage...It could and can kill your sweet baby...This time you will have to call the vet...There are meds for this, but prescribed...In fact they have some that birds take internally. ..Or try something natural, like bay leaves in the bottom of the cage... This REALLY is a vet vist thing.
Cindy M. and the Flock of 8