Biting...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Biting...

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Ya'll

I have noticed that as Baby has gotten older, he wont bite me. Watch, he'll bite the **** out of me today.

But seriously, now that he is older he wont bite. Instead, he opens his beak like he is going to bite but just sits there looking stupid.. Then, if I keep on messing with him (because I have been yanking his chain a bit to try to get a bite. Dont ask me why, sick in da head?) he will then close his beak and hit me with it.

Its still a lunge, just like babies bite but closed mouthed. He just hits me with his beak and looks at me hateful. God, they can look hateful, makes me want to thump his little brains out!

Is this common? As they get older they learn bites hurt so instead of hurting you they start pecking you? Or is Baby just being a good boy in light of the fact I aggravate him alot?
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

:lol: Yea that hateful look stabs at my heart! Then I just grab Baby's beak on the side and gently shake it a lil as to tease him. He growls at me and then gives me nibbles and kisses. I thought I was moody! :roll:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

omg that hateful look just breaks the heart and makes you want to slam the door shut on the ungrateful little thing.

Alas Prinny isn't and never was a biter...huge lunger though. Prinny will take a finger in her beak and push it away but doesn't chomp down. Maybe Baby is learning that he has to find other ways of dealing with you Mik...*giggle*

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Yep! That's exactly what her Baby is doing! I read in my parrot books that after they try something for a while (in this case biting) and it doesn't get a big reaction out of their owner, they'll try something else (beak hitting, screaming, etc).

So congrats on "breaking" Baby of that habit!!
skippie1

Post by skippie1 »

Hi,

Magoo stopped biting about three weeks ago. :D I was really concerned because my wife told me she was going to stop interacting with Magoo altogether, but since then he has been behaving much better with her and I think she is unconsciously reinforcing the good behavior.

Oops, almost forgot to tell you, MAGOO IS A BOY!!! I checked the results on line a few weeks ago and was happy to learn I had a birdson. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Skippie (the birddad)
Illigitimi non carborundum!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

omg Magoo is going to be stunning when he gets that ring in! Congrats Skippie

Dani
skippie1

Post by skippie1 »

Thanks Dani. It will be a while before he gets his ring, but I'm anticipating! :D
Illigitimi non carborundum!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Awesome then, I am going to respect his beak. A push means get... dont want or need you. A lot better than a bite. Jens baby and my baby both were vicious at one time.

Baby would be trying to eat my hands while I gave him food for life! :lol: Man, he use to hurt my feelings. Hand feeding a baby while they eat you alive really makes you wonder what the hell you have gotten into. :shock:

But, I pushed on....

God, its been almost 2 yrs. Thats crazy. We have all learned so much. I know I have. And we did it together through trial error and perserverance.
~ Mikaela Sky