baby ringneck please help

Moderator: Mods

James1331

baby ringneck please help

Post by James1331 »

My grandfather suddenly pass this morning and has left behind a small ringneck chick....I haven't raised one before and I was looking for a guid or advice on what to do

should I try and return it to the nest even know I dont know how long it been out

Also I dont know the age so help with that aswell would be much appreciated

Please do not ask me to give up the bird as for obvious reasons I am extremely reluctant to do so
Melika

Re: baby ringneck please help

Post by Melika »

James1331 wrote:My grandfather suddenly pass this morning and has left behind a small ringneck chick....I haven't raised one before and I was looking for a guid or advice on what to do

should I try and return it to the nest even know I dont know how long it been out

Also I dont know the age so help with that aswell would be much appreciated

Please do not ask me to give up the bird as for obvious reasons I am extremely reluctant to do so
I commend you for looking for answers and taking on the 25+ responsibility of IRN ownership. The best thing would be to contact a local breeder that could help you answer these questions. Is the chick still being handfed? Is he weaned? Are you just looking for general advice? There is a lot of information here, but without more information from you we cannot even point you in the right direction.

http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... ?f=1&t=799 Has some info on hand-feeding and weaning if that is the situation you are in. It is best to learn from a breeder though.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay