Baby says shower perches SUCK!!!

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Baby says shower perches SUCK!!!

Post by Mikaela »

I have always spray bottle bathed Baby but Jeff brought home a shower perch so I was thinking he was going to be in hog heaven!

He hated it. He loves to hang out on it on the sliding glass doors but not for what it was made for. He was scared and got into the corner of the tub... it was sad and I didnt push it. Got him right out and dropped it.

I am going to try it again tonight with ME in there as a bonding time because when he sits on the shower rod (what he is use too) he acts so babyish and WAY MORE touchable.

Baby hates touch so this is the only way I am going to sucker him into beginning to allow it.

He was so scared. :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Good luck! Hopefully he will warm up to having a real shower soon <3
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hopefully you had it on a low flow...try ot make the spray as low as possible and make sure it's on the cool side

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Naw... I had it beating him to death and scalding hot. lol

You know I know better than that... got a football team of youngens over here.

He is just spoiled. He loves it otherwise though.
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Mik ya' crack me up!!!! Byndi loves it beating down on her. She thinks she's getting a birdy massage! I hold it right over her and she just sits there in her trance. They don't seem to care about the temp. either. Warm to cool seems to be the way they like it. My babies just love to shower.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*rolls eyes*

Hey that's what the woman who had Bodi would do Mik...maybe you taking a shower with Baby would help...did with Prin

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

It helped alot. He realized it was something I do. Im not sure if he is smart enough to know I was cleaning myself but he too preened the entire time. Then dosed off -giggle-

Probably the waaarm water. It was nice. He is so baby-like sometimes. I miss the baby in my baby!

I have decided to begin looking for a gray. :shock:
~ Mikaela Sky

surferdon

Post by surferdon »

what I want one, A grey that is, but will have to move to a bigger place before I do!! Lol Lucky
*Sticks tongue out and makes the tongue sticking out noise* You know the one!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yep...I'm right there in the 'I want a grey' club too *sighs*

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Yep...I'm right there in the 'I want a grey' club too *sighs*

Dani

I'm also starting to wander over to the grey club :D I keep seeing them at my second job as people bring them in and also there is one at our apartment complex and the owners bring it out to the pool with them *sigh* But I don't know if I'll be able to get one because my boyfriend says they are not pretty :x I'm working on him though!! Of course, I won't get one for another couple years. I do really want one though!!!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I always thought my next bird to be a cockatoo but truth is:

I love ringnecks. I think I would be disappointed by another species.

Im wack (shows her card) so I love a good challenge. I think the ringneck affords me that. There is something healthy about trying to tame a ringneck. It taught me patience and unconditional love. Not to mention, not to be so darned sensitive... we all have bad days.

Ask, Im not ashamed, I use to come here crying because my baby didnt love me. He didnt want to be touched by me and it hurt so badly when he would lundge or act hateful. I just wanted to touch and love him. He just wanted me to die and leave him alone. I thought.

Ya'll taught me differently. That it was a ringneck thing. If not for this board, I wouldnt have my Baby today, wouldnt have this forum to share, wouldnt have the friends here I have made.

Huge impact on my life. All healthy. All needed. God probably sent Baby to teach me some things I may have missed along the way. Im still learning.

I have learned *far* more from baby than he has from me. Far more.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Believe me Mik...I'd say most of us are there as well. Even those members who lurk still get something out of this. Not only have we been taught patience and love and understanding...we've met some awesome people. I know I met two of my best friends here...*hugs Jen and Mik* and consider all of you guys my friends and family.

Now about that grey I want so bad...*giggle*

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

*Hugs Dani tight*
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Awww Dani! That was so sweet to say! Hugging you back tightly in my mind and heart! I too consider you and Mik good friends. And you know what's weird?? I'm finding myself pining for a Grey too. But I know I can't do it. John would drop over if I even thought about saying out loud that I wanted another bird and bigger. And louder. But they sure are appealing to me... We can all live vicariously thru Lisa--Tiki's Mom--when she gets Riley! Maybe one day.

Hugs,
Jen
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*giggles*

Jen we're talking about a grey IRN...though I would LOVE an african grey too...call me Bird lady...

Dani
carrie

Post by carrie »

Just back to the shower perch - I bought Atticus one after it was obvious that she loved the shower - but she is petrified of it! She will not stay on it at all. When I first got it I just had it stuck to my desk so she would get used to it but not a hope of that. Stuck it in the shower and tried to put her on it but she flapped off it and sat shivering in the corner of the shower - I had to literally drag her out! So now it sits forlornly in the shower probably never to be used. It's a pain trying to have a shower with a bird clasped to your finger I gotta tell ya!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Funny! lol

Baby too loves showers but he told me where to put that shower perch. No money wasted though. He loves it outside the shower. Makes no sense. He love the perch, loves the shower, combine the two and we have trouble.

I love the thing though. I stick him everywhere now lol. God what do people say about us... walking around with birds on our heads, on perches, poles.. talking to them as a 1 yr old... no wonder no kids come here on Halloween. hehe

THATS THE SCARY BIRD LADY... dont go up there!

Thanks for getting us back on topic hun. I am bi-polar online. :(
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

xo Missi wrote:
Dani03 wrote:Yep...I'm right there in the 'I want a grey' club too *sighs*

Dani

I'm also starting to wander over to the grey club :D I keep seeing them at my second job as people bring them in and also there is one at our apartment complex and the owners bring it out to the pool with them *sigh* But I don't know if I'll be able to get one because my boyfriend says they are not pretty :x I'm working on him though!! Of course, I won't get one for another couple years. I do really want one though!!!

Oops, I got confused here as well...thought we were talking about African greys :roll:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*giggles*

We tend to drift when on topics...

Dani
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Missi,
I thought they were talking about African Greys too! Teehee! But I am smitten with Grey Irns too! But I'm sure the price would be ouchy!
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

:? well, i needn't even WHISPER-THINK about another bird of any kind, wut with this velcro-bird 'TOO i now have ... wow! talk about CLING!! and ain't no way that our shower comes on without her being in there, altho she tends to make "meanie-faces" to her Daddy & he freaks out ... "i'm gettin out now!" i perch her butt up on the shower rod ... we have the old claw-foot tub with the shower rod/ring thinger ... i've learned very quickly that i must get outta the shower & LEAVE HER THERE while i get dressed & hair done & stuff ... otherwise, she raises hell!! i just leave her there 'til she has that "just had WONDERFUL sex" look on her face ... then she's ready to get into her cage & rest/eat ... hmmm, it just occurs to me that this sounds more & more like wonderful sex!! :lol: now, Mr. Willie-Bird, on the other hand, thinks she's absolutely INSANE!! when she starts her squawking to get outta the cage, he starts his VERY disapproving IRN gutteral "reprimands" ... like "WILL U PLEEEEZE SHUT UP!! I AM THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BIRDIE HERE!! AND I SHALL NOT BE OUT-NOISED!!"

"this isn't a hospital...it's an insane asylum" HotLips O'Houlihan ~ MASH 1970
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Sounds like lots of fun at your house Wren.
Does Willie not like showers? Mine loves it and he chirps for me
when he hears the shower go on hoping I'll come get him and he
can shower too.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

Willie likes his "spray-bottle" showers, but he's JUST becoming tame ... he wuz fully-flighted & wild as ... well, a bird, i s'pose ... when i got him ... he wuz being fostered 'til i got Gina settled ... he'll step up, but if i'm not VERY gentle with him, he gets nervous & plays dive-bomber!! see, it's tuff cuz i wuz just getting Willie to where he'd socialize more with us when Gina became ill & i directed MOST of my attention toward her for that week ... meanwhile, he became anti-social all over again ... grew in a couple of flight feathers & got REAL feisty then ... so i'm trying all over again to renew his trust in me & with this 'too taking up so much of my time, it's difficult ... i am DETERMINED not to give up, tho!! he's sooooo purty & i think he may have been a breeder before or something cuz he wuz afraid of human contact ... NO HANDS PLEEZE!!! now, he'll only step up on my RIGHT hand ... it must be the right one or he freaks out!

well, gotta go get Scooter to the vet.

luv,

Wren 8)
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson