Baby flew the coup

Moderator: Mods

Maize

Baby flew the coup

Post by Maize »

It's been awhile since I posted, but thought I would tell everyone that our female lutino IRN, flew out the door 6 days ago, and we haven't seen her since. We have done everything our avian vet has suggested to retrieve her, but to no avail. She was recently clipped, but obviously not severley enough, because she cleared the tree line.

She was almost 2 and could wolf whistle, say "How are you?, What are you doin?, huh, and peek-a-boo.

She was seriously the best companion I have ever had. She never bit, always gave kisses, and loved to spend time with us. I just hope she is not suffering in the wild.

Take care of your beloved birds. :(

Denise
surferdon

Post by surferdon »

I am so sorry :cry:
But if she is not fuly flighted that means that someone could have picked her up since she is so friendly post signs!
julie

Post by julie »

where are you from.i have seen a couple of lutinos found on some other sites.
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I'm so so so sorry to hear this. I agree that you should post signs with her name and pictures and info. Maybe someone did find her and has her looking for you right now.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

omg that really sucks! See this is why I keep my birds clipped and clipped well! I would totally freak out if I lost Prinny or Bodi like that

Dani
Ed Loschi

Very tough break. Hope you get her back.

Post by Ed Loschi »

Very tough break. Hope you get her back.

Can you scout around where you last saw her and start sounding off so that she will sound back to you?

And drop posters around everywhere.

Tough lesson about wing clipping.

Good luck.
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

((((((Denise))))))

:cry: OMG! i'm sooooooooo sorry ... i DO hope that she comes back ... i think i'll heed that "clipped & clipped well" advice from Dani ... i had Willie clipped last week when Gina wuz ill ... he had been flighted before i got him & only had a few flight feathers back, but wuz giving me hell ... he'd step up, then take off flying all over the house!! he's calmed down significantly since doc got finished with him ... wuz pi$$ed off at me for awhile, but he's ok now. :D

huggles,

Wren 8)
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
venus

Post by venus »

wow. same i would freaking throw a fitl i hope u find her post a billion signs, the best. hope she isnt havinga hard time out there. =[
Maize

Post by Maize »

We have already hung posters all around the area, including local vet and pet shops. Believe me, we have done everything possible to get her back. We leave her cage outside, and search for her everyday.

Miss hearing her songs in the morning. She used to steal the kids cereal and loved to have showers with me.

Denise
julie

Post by julie »

WHERE ARE YOU FROM
Maize

Post by Maize »

We live in Brantford ON (about an hour away from Toronto.)
venus

Post by venus »

aww yeah venus does that well all we can do now is hope. dont give up maize =/