O/T and embarrassing...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

O/T and embarrassing...

Post by Mikaela »

I had all that family here, my son graduating, alot of stuff which is no excuse however... I spaced paying the water bill.

I had one single thing to get done yesterday, go pay the 283.00 water bill. Its right down the road. Spaced it. Now, Im here with no water like common trash. :cry:

I ran to play it this morning but believe me, they are quicker to cut you than turn you back on. I just hope the boys stay asleep and dont notice. My lord, I dont want to have to tell my children we have no water.

That was my childhood... not my kids.

Sadly, I may tell a fib rather than fessing up we got cut. I dont want my kids to look back like I can and remember having no lights, water, food.

Dont be worried about us, it isnt about money. It was about responsibility that I failed to take care of. Just needed to get it out and didnt feel like writing 50 PM's.

No shame in my game.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Never a lie not even a little one. They will understand darlin. :wink: we are only human and we have all done it.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Jeepers! A $283 WATER BILL????????? Good grief! My water bill is high when it hits $8.00! Yes, eight dollars! I couldn't imagine that kind of water bill. What did u do, fill the pool with one glass of water at a time. Wow. And big deal you forgot to pay the bill. Just proves you're human and you had a zillion things going on. It's ok and we've all been there in some form or another. So lighten up on yourself and just laugh it off. If they're hot or want a drink jump on in that gorgeous pool! Of which I would kill for!! Two things I've always wanted in my life since I was three was a pool and a horse. I used to tell my Mom that. She said from three years old that's what I'd tell her. OH and a Corvette. I could care less about a Corvette now, but I'd still LOVE to have a horse and a pool. Never going to happen. But...it's still a childhood dream! :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Youre right Jen, the water was back on before the boys got up. I beat myself up so badly sometimes. So sweet to everyone else but kick my own **** constantly.

In NC my water bill was also about 30 bux a month but in Florida, clean water is hard to come by so you pay BIG.

Its all salt water unless you apt to have good city water, plus I have a complete conditioning system my water runs through so it isnt hard water. And a reverse osmosis system which is bottle quality water from a small tab on the side of the sink.

My kids or fids DO NOT drink tap water... nah uh.

So weird to re-read that... as poor as I once was. Sounds so odd. Hell, I was happy to get outdoor spicket water.

Education is so beautiful. And really the only thing NOONE can take from you, if you think about it... ever.
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

eh that happens *hug* no worries! :)
~the stubborn one~
julie

Post by julie »

i just had to run down the street the other day and pay ours it was $108 dollars but it was one of those i will pay it tomorrow things,till you get the disconection notice.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

$242.00 over a three month period here :shock: . Love the spa bath too much I guess. Plus I have two girls :shock: .

Down south gippsland they pump the drinking water full of chlorine, so we (our family) don't drink the tap water here either, purely because it tastes aweful and gives you skin rashes. We have a filter head on our shower and spa. But the water we drink is filtered in a stand alone ceramic urn (three candles), very "cottage house" looking, best investment I ever made.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

julie

Post by julie »

ours was higher because the boxers love to play in the water they dont do very well in the summer heat.we have like a green house set up with sprinklers so they can lay in the mist.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I believe the closer to the ocean you live, the higher the cost of water. We live on a beach so they have to get the water ALOT cleaner than say if I lived in the mountains.
Jade

Post by Jade »

Oh to have the luxury of water!!!! We only have tank water and are going through drought. The animals drink water from the dam and bore water is too brown and metallic to do anything except water the paddocks on occasion. If we need water because we've run out, we have to pay for a water tanker to come over and fill up our tanks. The cost of tankers is $200 (depending on who comes) for 5000 gallons. Water where i live is liquid gold.
Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

I live in So. Calif. and my water bill is about $30 - $40 a month, sometimes more depending on how hot it is and how often I water the grass. UGH I would die if I had to pay that much for water!
julie

Post by julie »

when we lived on a farm we had to get water tanked in,the toilet water came from the dam and you could see things swimming in the brown water not a very nice thought that something might bite ya on the butt.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

no ma'am it isnt.

On the reservation, we still had out-houses so I always stood where you sit to goo pee pee or potty so I could look down in the hole.

Hard to believe I once lived like that. Love me some edjumacation!!!
Ed Loschi

I want to find a good water filtration system.

Post by Ed Loschi »

Hello,

Angie, you said, "the water we drink is filtered in a stand alone ceramic urn (three candles), very "cottage house" looking, best investment."

What is this thing you are describing?

I'm very interested in treating/filtering my tap water. I live in N Florida and we are blessed with good and abundant water but the utility distribution system and my apartment pipes are all nasty dirty ancient and are constantly under some sort of repair; so I want to find a good water filtration system. I do have an under sink system (filter to charcoal) but still I notice stuff gets through.

What is it that you are using?