I got my baby

Moderator: Mods

Newbirdmom

I got my baby

Post by Newbirdmom »

My baby is home and happy. I love the little cry she makes. She is only like 10 weeks old. She also does the cute thing by sting her beak in my mouth. Befor she does it I tell her kiss kiss and she does it. :) Then she does that cry sounds like a kitten. I am just in love with my new baby. I was asking my friend about the color becouse she is such a cool green and you can see some blue on the wings. Also there are like 3 or 4 tail feathers that are a nice blue no green at all. She then told me that she is green split to blue. Is that right? What does that mean? Anyways I am just loveing her so much. I will post pics ASAP.
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

split to blue means she has the blue gene and if she was to breed some of her offspring could be blue

this gene cannot be determined by color of the bird it doesnt show in the feathers only the offspring

all greens have partialy blue tails and a couple of my birds iv bread have the blue edge on the wing but i dont know if this is a different color mutaion i have heard of a lacewing before but not a description or pic perhaps neo or jeremy could help us out with that one

anyway happy 4 u and your baby we all love pics u no

p.s. human saliva very bad for birds so i wud watch that i used to let my birds eat from my mouth but after a little reading have decided not 2
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Congrats...pics please!

Dani and Prinny
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

thats wonderful.. congratulations to you and enjoy every minute .. don't forget to share the moments too :-) all of em :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Perroquet

Post by Perroquet »

sorry but definately not a lacewing , in fact it can be quite a misleading description really as they don't really have a "laced-wing" appearance.

However I think that even the normal greens are really beautiful as they have more variety in their colours than most of the others as you can see by the yellow and blues on yours. :wink:
Perroquet
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Kalle also have blue on the tail and wing :) it´s really beautiful!! :D
bonjoram

Post by bonjoram »

"Lacewings" are the same as Pallids. I've posted several pictures of the Pallids. They're one of my personal favorites. For the lack of a better term, they named them lacewings in the past.

I'm a very big fan of Green IRNs myself. There are several splendid Green pets on this site!