question about carpet cleaning

Moderator: Mods

Darlene

question about carpet cleaning

Post by Darlene »

I need to call a carpet cleaning busness for annual spring cleaning. But I am concerned that commercial carpet busnesses may have toxic residue in there cleaning solution that could harm our IRN. I don't know what chemicals to ask about that has proven to be either safe or toxic for parrots. I am afraid they might claim to be safe and non toxic, just to get the job, but not really knowing. Does anyone have any facts or information on this subject? I think I would board our IRN for a couple of days, but that won't make him very happy. And I am afraid of any possable toxic residue left on the carpets
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Don't do it. Carpet cleaning chemicals are NASTY and leave fumes for days while they dry. Then, the residual dust from them gets "kicked up" as you walk.

If you really need to clean the carpets (I've been there) you should use Oxyclean and water, nothing more. It works, very well, and is safe.

Athena
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

:) Thank you Athena, I didn't know about useing Oxyclean for the carpets. I have a steam vac, so I will go with the oxyclean and do it myself. Luna is all over the house with me. Either behind me or on my shoulder. So I am always aware of his safety. And so far I have not seen any carpet cleaners that didn't have chemicals.
Ed Loschi

Commercial carpet cleaning uses really nasty solvents.

Post by Ed Loschi »

Yeah. Don't do a commercial carpet cleaning, they use some really nasty solvents, but they do a good job cleaning a carpet. OxyClean and a steam cleaner is the way to go.
purplebadness

Post by purplebadness »

What about a product called Petastic? I bought it at the pet store, havent used it yet. It says contains a scientific enzyme bland that is specially designed to instantly eliminate odors and stainnn and is safe for pets.
It contains water, prprietary enzyme blend, isopropyl alcohol and citrus oil.

*edits I just found a new tub of Oxi Clean in the garage...I will use that instead :)
thepast123

Re:

Post by thepast123 »

Mazziemom wrote:Don't do it. Carpet cleaning chemicals are NASTY and leave fumes for days while they dry. Then, the residual dust from them gets "kicked up" as you walk.

If you really need to clean the carpets (I've been there) you should use Oxyclean and water, nothing more. It works, very well, and is safe.

Athena

Hi Mazziemom,
I have used oxyclean and water for cleaning my carpet. but still I cant see good results, thus could you please tell me apart from oxyclean which thing should I use to clean carpets?
Last edited by thepast123 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
sanjays mummi

Re: question about carpet cleaning

Post by sanjays mummi »

I have a Vax carpet shampooer, and just use laundry liquid detergent, the windows are left open to assist drying, one of my friends uses a good quality dish washing liquid, and we both have beige carpets.
Jackson456

Post by Jackson456 »

Hello..

What carpet cleaning method do you use? Please tell me anyone about it...
Because I really need cleaning service..?
Last edited by Jackson456 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

If you're really worried, maybe a steam clean with plain water might suit your needs. But make sure you ventilate properly, so you don't get mould spores from a damp warm environment.
sairen456

Post by sairen456 »

Hello..

I need Carpet cleaning services urgently...
So, please suggest me which methods do you use for cleaning services...????