2 month irn, with black shading on his beak

Moderator: Mods

Missie

2 month irn, with black shading on his beak

Post by Missie »

Hi all,

Just checked out a 2 month old irn, turquoise colour with a redish beak, my only concern with this little guy is that his beak has a mottling of black through it, if this is natural then I'm happy, if its cos he's young as the breeder told me then I am more than happy, but I tired to look it up and can't find any thing on a young bird having black mottling through his beak.

Is this normal? and will it change into the bright red as I was told by the breeder?

Thank you Missie
Princess Yuz

Re: 2 month irn, with black shading on his beak

Post by Princess Yuz »

Missie wrote:Hi all,

Just checked out a 2 month old irn, turquoise colour with a redish beak, my only concern with this little guy is that his beak has a mottling of black through it, if this is natural then I'm happy, if its cos he's young as the breeder told me then I am more than happy, but I tired to look it up and can't find any thing on a young bird having black mottling through his beak.

Is this normal? and will it change into the bright red as I was told by the breeder?

Thank you Missie
Hi my green irn is 3 months old and had a black marking in his beak. It is nothing to worry about some Indian ringnecks do have black markings but you never now as they grow up it could always change colour.
Donovan

Re: 2 month irn, with black shading on his beak

Post by Donovan »

Totally normal