Public Apology to Chamon...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Public Apology to Chamon...

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Hun:

Remember awhile back when you and I disagreed about whether or not our fids had the mental compacity to know what they are saying or do they simply mimic.

My Baby wasnt talking yet and I had only seen birds that would repeat whatever asked to, so my stance was "Yes, they are smart but they dont really know what they are saying".

I was wrong and Im sorry (((Chamon))). Baby knows what she is saying. Baby knows how to ask for what she wants. Baby speaks in context or not at all. Baby speaks gender specific which is REALLY weird. She knows the difference between a 'good boy' and a good girl' when telling someone she digs them.

You have been a parront for much longer than I so I am glad you were right and ashamed I sold all of our babies so short, mentally.

Now... can you please come over here and make her stop mimicing my laugh? It sounds so creepy. I really REALLY dont like it. It, for whatever reason, sounds evil and scary.

Anyone else have a laughing bird? Does it too sound sort of evil and creepy? Or is it just me?
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Mikaela,
You just crack me the heck up! I don't think I would like it if my babies imitated my laugh either. That would sound weird. John and I think Remmi just might be on the verge of talking. FINGERS CROSSED! He just looks like he's working on it. Byndi might too! Sometimes he gets going and he'll just start making the weirdest sounding noises. I love it when they get going like that. Unfortunately John isn't as into them as I am. When they get going like that I want EVERYTHING SILENT! So I can focus on them and the sounds they're making. Try getting John to mute his beloved t.v. or the dogs to stop what they're doing. So I struggle with that. But I'm just fascinated with these birds. And I am truly in love with my Remmi! He has captured my heart big time! What a sweet and loving little bird he is. He can also be a little you know what when he wants! Ahhh, the temperament of an irn! Gotta love 'em! And we do!

Hugs,
Jen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Byndi and Baby are two peas in a pod.

Hard-headed and not really feeling a need to please.

Almost like children raise incorrectly leading to a sense of 'self-entitlement'

If they are making elaborate noises (especially when they think noone is listening) they are practicing.

I swear on... I dont know. I dont do that but I SWEAR Baby was mute one day and speaking in phrases the next. No transition stage so dont be surprised with what you get from a sneeky chatter-box.

Thats how Baby was, she wouldnt practice if she knew others could hear or she would speak sooooo low. Then Boom! 'Hey baby, whatcha doing, come on girl step up'. She doesnt stop that in the am until she is one my finger.
julie

Post by julie »

indie laughs especially if he hears someone else.he knows when to say hello and he says hello indie to me but just hello to aaron.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Does it sound spooky?
julie

Post by julie »

yes and it doesnt help when he is pinning at the same time he looks and sounds like a devil bird. :twisted: i just noticed in my sig his eyes are normal even though he was just about to taste the pup.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Aww Kaela you didn't know no better! It's ok now...Baby proved you wrong. I'm sure Chamon will understand... :wink:

Dani and Prinny
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

LMAO!!!

Mikaela, I was never offended. I knew Baby would teach you eventually :wink:

Just recently Datsun FLOORED my Grandad by having a complete conversation with him, he never knew a bird could do that. My Grandfather is not easily convinced but how can you deny that? He loves her to pieces and even more now he understands just how intellegent she really is!

If one of my family calls us they all chat to Datsun on speaker phone first and then I get to talk to them :roll: When I went away for a couple of days she waited for the phone to ring then had a spaz f it did hoping it would be me... makes me feel so loved :)

The new words she is constantly coming up with are amazing and they instantly fit into her regular vocab... shes just perfect to me!
-Chamon-

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

She's perfect to us too. Can't u see me turning GREEN with envy? And....Ms. Thang, you 've not shared a video with us for a bit too long now. I'm going thru withdrawals! :shock:

Hugs,
Jen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I just wanted you and everyone, for further reference, to know... these birds know what they are saying.

It is almost eary. People dont believe half of what I tell them about my bird but I dont expect them to. They are smarter than some people I have met. Literally. :lol:
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Mikaela wrote:

Thats how Baby was, she wouldnt practice if she knew others could hear or she would speak sooooo low. Then Boom! 'Hey baby, whatcha doing, come on girl step up'. She doesnt stop that in the am until she is one my finger.

Kalle use too speak very low, you can´t here what he is saying.. :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Jen's right...our Datsun meter has gone down. give us more Chamon! :wink:

Dani and PRinny
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

While my birds are really tame, I think that because they are their own flock they dont try to talk to me very much. It sucks for me, but I think my birds are happier in their own little flock.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I bet they are too, as all of my babys are so happy outside now.
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I'm getting a BIG outdoor aviary made for them. Custom built (by us /cringe)
I cant wait, My friend built one and it looks great. It's modular so you can put it up and take it down easy and as many times as you like. It's also a larger gague so you can actually SEE whats in your aviary and its gunna be relativly cheap. So i'm excited.