HI Help setting up avatar please

Moderator: Mods

winkybear

HI Help setting up avatar please

Post by winkybear »

Hi there -

I am having trouble setting up and avatar. I am trying to use a picture of my Nikki, but I think it is too big. Is there somewhere I can go to find out the size/density restrictions on the photos you all are using?

Also, I would like to know how you ladies have made such nice graphic signature blocks.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Linda Dockstader
Seattle Washington USA
julie

Post by julie »

hi linda im not sure how to do avatar but neo does the sigs for us she is our artist if you ask her nicely and give her a pic im sure she wouldnt mind.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Here you go, this should help alot. Remember, the image CANNOT be on your hard drive, it must be on a site such as photobucket.com. You then paste the IMG into the box.

How do I show an image below my username?
There may be two images below a username when viewing posts. The first is an image associated with your rank; generally these take the form of stars or blocks indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the forums. Below this may be a larger image known as an avatar; this is generally unique or personal to each user. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and they have a choice over the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars then this is the decision of the board admin and you should ask them their reasons (we're sure they'll be good!)

1. upload avatar to online site

2. copy IMG link from the image off of that site.

3. Paste the IMG into the image box and the very bottom of the profile screen and hit submit.

BOOM, youre avatared!
winkybear

Help with Avatar

Post by winkybear »

Ok-dokey! :D

Thanks a lot, ladies. I guess my problem was that the pic was on my hard drive. I'll scoot on over to photobucket and check it out.

Thanks also for the tip about asking for help with the sig. :lol:

Linda D in Seattle
with Contessa - Miniature Schnauzer
Pete - Red/Orange Canary
Nikki - Lutino Indian Ring Neck
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Yesss post me pictures.. and I will make a sig for you.