I fell in LOVE

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

I fell in LOVE

Post by jen5239 »

Went to the pet store last night to look for carry cases for the fids. And as usual I went straight for the birds. Played with the "mean" blue and gold they have-as the nice one sold. Then I heard a familiar sound and looked over and there was a cage of four little love birds. OMG! They were the CUTEST little things I've ever seen. I so fell in LOVE with this little one with a yellow face. He reminded me so much of Chamon's Audie! He screamed and flapped his wings just like Audie! I was just SMITTEN!!! Of course I wanted to buy him and just bring him right home. But rather than risk a divorce or HUGE fight I just watched him and admired him and then left. I would buy that little bird in a heart beat if I could. So stinkin' cute. But I just had to walk away. :shock: It was so hard. So very hard. I want that little lovie! MUST SAY NO! :shock: Of course I if I had a bigger house I'd be all over it.
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

lol my kids got me to stop at the petco this am and wanted to come home with teils. bird fever has caught them too

It is just so hard to see 20 birds in one big cage wanting love thats all just someone to love them...
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep there is an adorable masked lovebird my daughter and I keep thinking about and would die to go back for. I have seen so many birds I would love to take home with me. The pair of sun conures in summerville, the male ekkie at pearcedale, the lovebird at fountain gate, I could go on and on and on .. :cry: If it were not for Jim this house would be completely bird insane.
Last edited by kyria on Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Uh oh look what I started! Jen...hehehe I'm gonna be bad and say it...buy it! :twisted: LOL

Dani and Prinny
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Awww Dani!

That's not nice. Shame on you! If I was a weaker person I would've! But I know there just isn't any way I ca. But he was so stinkin' cute.

Jen
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

hehehe Shame on me huh? Who was talking to me about getting Huey??? LOL Only here to help and lend advice...little guy needs a home right? oh well...I guess you already do have way too many as is.

Dani and Prinny
purplebadness

Post by purplebadness »

awww, but theres ALWAYS room for one more lolol
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I just got rid of a whole bunch of birds and I'm standing there at the pet store looking at this silver cockatiel and I'm like.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :( and walked away..
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

We are soooooooooooooooo addicted! I would have loved to bring him home. I told John this morning what Dani said and he just got silent. Then a strong, "Uh, NO!" And that was the end of the conversation.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Its OK to fall in love, the obsession afterwards however is not so good...

I have fallen head over heels for an African Grey, about 7 months old female and she hates everyone but loves me! She wont let anyone touch her, she runs from men but I walk up to her cage and she hops down to me and lets me kiss and scratch her! I WANT THIS BIRD SOOOOO BAD!!!! I have always wanted a grey so has James and we would have her in a second if only we had $5000 to buy her...... but we just dont have that kind of money and we need a new car. If only we both worked we could save enough for her but with James at uni full-time he only works 4-8 hours a week and some weeks not at all.

I am going to see her today, dont know why I do it... shes a 30 min drive away and its such torchure I cried last time I had to leave her! :cry:
-Chamon-

natalie

oh no

Post by natalie »

how awful, you must sell all your belongings, then we will have a whip round for you then add it all up. im sure we could make it. Oh i am feeling for you. Dont you just hate money.
There is a place here in England, i dont know the name of it but they dont use money, they trade their 'trades' so you could earn your parrot by doing gardening or car mechanics. wouldnt it be great if the whole world was like that.
Im sorry it is midnight and although im awake, im already having r.e.ms.so my mind is away with the fairys.Anyway please let us know if you kidnap the bird, :lol: i mean bird nap.natalie xxx
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx