Post by Mikaela »

Hey Ya'll:

No good new. But research nonetheless.

Baby

10 months

Male

Handfed

Tame/loving/talkative

Has taken to bluffing. I reckon I'll say 'she' until I see the ring, besides it is making him speak to me in the correct gender so its working out great. This is the 3rd day. I waited to post to be sure. It is either bluffing OR she some how seen the new baby biting me when being taught to step up. I tried to make sure she didnt see that. And I dont believe she did.

It is mostly when she is tired but still, Baby lunging at moi? I brought her in this world and I'll take her out!

Lost it with her last night and literally had to walk away. It was starting to get ugly. In fact, my tone scared her and she did the car alarm call so I walked away and breathed... I was PISSED. When I ask Baby to do something, she does it. When she sees me, she fights to get to me. I miss that and just got upset in her lack of cooperation.

Ok, my feelings were hurt and I was not willing to accept her need for space. I will not tolerate her lunging like a maniac. Nah uh. Its like my precious friend has become possessed.

She is hard-headed and as some of you have probably gathered, she came by that honestly so when our wills clash BAM, it gets ugly.

She actually bite me twice (damn forgot how bad that hurt which is probably why I lost my cool) and still refused to step up. Very strong willed.

Bluffing or jealous of new bird... you be the judge. I dont know about yall but when my irn decides she IS or ISNT going to do something... thats how it goes. Shes not here to please, I assure you.

So as best friends always do I have one thing to say to my girl... BITCH. :cry:
Last edited by Mikaela on Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

what new bird? is there one newer than the cockatiel?

Try sacrificing something other than your finger to get bitten. Keep at it and dont give in to the angry birdie. I'm sure s/he will get over this.

But keep in mind when you get angry take a break until your calm, dont work with your baby while YOU are upset.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

The latino... 'member? Got him 'bout 2 weeks ago.

Saaaaaame thing as what happened to Dani. He fell in love with my and I opened my heart and my brain fell out. Boom, another bird. :oops:

You see a problem with me using a small perch stick to get her through this. She'll step right up on one of those because thats how I taught her step up initally... onto a small perch.

See future problems in that?
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

lutino :P

I thought you might have got another ringneck. sorry, guess i'm not with it today
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Never. Baby is all I need and with the amount of attention I give her, I'd never get another ringneck and deprive her.

I play with the 'tiels too but they dont require as much care so no biggie. Baby acts like a maniac if I even say Hey fellas to them without getting her out first.

I am convinced she is a boy but her jeaously, meaness, attitude and cattiness really is school girl like.

I am a recovering IRN addict and have my disease under control. I just hope I dont relapse. So, I avoid seeing them at all costs.

Notice however, no mention of not getting or getting a cockatoo but it will be how I got my others babies... my bird will find me when the time is right. Im not looking but certainly ready to buy. hehe