I'm moving

Moderator: Mods

~*Gwennie*~

I'm moving

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

next saturday. I was just wondering the best way to move my guys. I 'm thinking heating up the car, keep them covered and take them that way. But if anyone else has different or better suggestions i'm well open to them. ALso is there anything I can put in their water or food to reduce the stress? Thanks guys!

[EDIT]

I'm replying to my own because I forgot to add that i'm only moving like 10 mins away. THx!
~the stubborn one~
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Hey Gwennie,
I don't know about moving and stress, but last year when we had our horrible ice storm and lost power for days we had to go shack up with John's parents. 45 min. away. So we did just that, warmed the car up to almost unbearable heat, put two blankets over top of Milo's cage--he was the only fid we had at the time- and busted butt to the car. On the drive there we kept him covered so he wouldn't be as freaked out. And we just talked to him on the drive. He handled it just fine. When we brought Byndi and Remmi home that was quite the drive for both. Byndi was 3 & 1/2 hours away and Remmi was 2 & 1/2 hours away. They both were fine. It wasn't winter and cold. But they both handled the drive fine. And Byndi we didn't even have covered. He seemed to enjoy the ride. Making little noises and loud noises whenever he'd see wild birds. So hope this might help. Good luck with the move. I hate moving. What a pain!
Hugs,
Jen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

thanks girls, they made it thru the last move. i appreciate the advice and MIkeala thanks for finding that old thread. Helped alot. It's supposed to be in the 50s saturday for the move, last time it was colder. Thanks again!
~the stubborn one~
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Good luck.. let us know how it all goes
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I am finding that alot of things are being covered over and over so I have started just bringing up old posts so people get tons of immediate responses.

Seems to be working. Everyone forgets that search feature up there lol.

This can help us go back and see what worked and what didnt work as well.

If anyone just gets a link from me dont thing I didnt have time for you, to the contrary. I am just trying to save you time and get you fast info so Im posting links to make that happen. Then other members can add to it! :wink:
purplebadness

Post by purplebadness »

I moved from Cali to Kentucky with 1 IRN and 5 lovebirds in a car lol.
I had them in 2 seperate cages, but he was bonded with one of the lovies so they had to be side by side. I took them out at every rest stop and let them out to stretch their wings and get fresh air. The Motel 6 didnt have a problem with me having the birds. Most people must have never seen many birds before, they thought my lovies were parakeets, and had no clue what my IRN was lol. All of them did super on the trip.
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Wow,
You moved from Cali to Kentucky??? CULTURE SHOCK??? No offense to any Kentuckians who may be part of the board. But I can't imagine! I live in OH and the rest of my ENTIRE family lives in Cali. And I know it's a huge difference from Ohio to there. Can't imagine KY! Bless your heart. Did you move for a job?

By the way I love your signature! Picture is very cool.

Jen
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yeah Jen...that's what sister is finding. She moved to Wisconsion and is just loving the newness of it all. Big change from Cali!

Dani and Prinny
purplebadness

Post by purplebadness »

You moved from Cali to Kentucky??? CULTURE SHOCK???

LOL, yes very much a culture shock. The shopping is awful around here. I have to get any of my pet supplies from catalogs. Dr. FosterSmith is my best friend lol. My dad is orginally from KY. He retired and they moved from San Diego to KY. My brother and sister followed soon after and I was the last in Cali. I have to have back surgery, there wasnt anyone to help me after the surgery in Cali so I moved here with the rest of my family. Its funny people here think I'm the one with the accent lol.

I wonder if you talk with an accent, will the birds pick up on that accent too? hmmm lol
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Bummer! I'm sorry to hear you have to have surgery. I hope it all goes well. Keep us posted! Let us know when so we'll know why if you aren't on the board for a while.

Like I said I love your picture. How did you create it? Are you one of these computer savvy people too? I mean the irns at the bottom look like irns! It's great! And Purple is my fave color!! So...

And I so feel your pain about nowhere to buy toys! I get my stuff on line! I go to birdstheword.com and greyfeather.com. Both WONDERFUL places. Athena turned me on to grey feather and I recommend them to all!

Well good luck
Jen
natalie

Doesnt it cost

Post by natalie »

Doesnt it cost u guys a fortune to buy ur stuff online?? Im not saying its more exspensive online its just i know some of the toys i can get here on line I can usually pick up cheaper elsewere. Ok so i know you dont have a choice but even if bought them here and posted em it would work out cheaper :lol: :lol: Natalie xx
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
purplebadness

Post by purplebadness »

Like I said I love your picture. How did you create it?

Thank you!! I love to play around with graphics.
I have some parrot ones that Ive been working on for people to use.

Heres a sample of one Image

This is a macaw I made last week Image

If anyone would like to look at more the site addy is

www.badgirl007.com/dazzlinlovebirds
www.badgirl007.com is my doll and other graphic site

I have no clue why I picked badgirl007 lol

I go April 5th to the Spine Clinic in Lousiville, I'm hoping they can help me more then other Dr.s have in the past.

Does anyone visit the cheep parrot toys in the yahoo group?
Ive made so many cheap toys from the ideas that people give, its great on the pocket book lol
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Those are GREAT!!! I went to your site. You my friend are very talented! Gotta get some ringnecks on there! Loved it. I hope everything goes ok with your trip to the hospital. Oh!! And I watched your video with Pika! How sweet. Strange little voice. But very sweet. Well keep us posted on how everything is going with you health wise. You'll be in my prayers!

Take care,
Jen
purplebadness

Post by purplebadness »

awww thanks Jen you are very sweet :D
ohh that video of the lovebird wasnt mine, I need to do a video of my cha cha who talks a little for that site.

I love to make things for the site, keeps my mind of the pain sometimes.
It is difficult thought when you have one of the birds on the keyboard trying to get you to scratch their head and stop what you are doing lol.
I will let you know when I have some of the ringnecks on there.

Caroline
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Kaela, I've started doing that too, posting links. I think it's the way to go because this board has been going for quite a while now and has become a Valuable resource! So much knowledge is buried away in these threads AND in our heads..

We have been here for ages we KNOW if a question has been asked before and recieved a good number of replies. We KNOW where to find it, what searchwords to use. WE can point people in the right direction and that is part of our job.

/off topic..no one commented on my new sig :(
berrynice
Member on Probation

Post by berrynice »

Your new sig is beautiful. Very impressed. I did actually notice it but thought there must be a thread somewhere that talked about your incredible talent. Ok is that enough sucking. Seriously it is gorgeous.
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Well maybe we should have a thread all about me and how great I am :)
lol not..
But I'm glad you guys like what I do and I really appreciate your comments and love sharing this with you.
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

lol the sig is beautiful :) back ground is way cool
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Neo I LOVE the new sig! It's sooo pretty! I'll get pics of my Prinny eventaully and have you make one up for me

Dani and Prinny
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Caroline,
My heart goes out to you with your back stuff. I sure hope all goes well. You MUST let us know when you are going in for surgery. I'll worry if I don't hear from you. 'K?

Take care,
Jen
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

I noticed it Neo.. how rude of me to only comment on it in my own head.

I actually thought how wonderful it was and how cool it must be to be able to just switch around so easily when you are bored with an old sig.

I'll be praying for you Caroline
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

If you send me some photos I can make an alternate sig for you or anyone else who wants to be able to pick and choose which one they want displayed for a while.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

<action> starts sorting out some pics to send
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

'Kaela' wooooo dat was weird, only Jared had ever called me that.

Lets take a vote... ya see me as Mikaela or think of me as Kaela? I bet Kaela from the video of my baby making his first sandwich.

The little freak LOVES to hear my name in his ears, which is what prompted me to write this.

His Daddy was outside cleaning the boat yesterday and Jared was out there with him. Jared called for me 'Kaaaaela' and I pretended not to hear so I didnt have to mess with him.

If he is asleep, leave him. If with Daddy, leave him. God, I love him so dearly but never a time I dont look down and he is looking up at me. I am as grateful for that as not.

Moms? You feeling me? Because Im sounding horrible when Im not.

Anyway, after I wouldnt come Jeff said he was walking around and around the pole of the pier gleefully (kid is ALWAYS happy.... ALWAYS) and he was singing my name to some tune.

After about 5 minutes of that Jeff said he looked at him and said 'Reckon she heard me Daddy? Jeff is from NY. :shock:

He died laughing and said Reckon? What is reckon?.... messing with him. He brought that youngen in here to me and said:

I "reckon" (mocking my accent) you can have this one, you've already ruined him. :lol:

I said 'well, I dont reckon ya'll should have left him around me 24/7 and he would be more like ya'll. He agreed and has aceepted Jared was a baby when I came along. Literally, a baby.

I never thought about this... when I met my husband he was raising his babies on his own. Not many men would do that if they didnt HAVE to. I reckon my ol man is pretty alright.

Anyway, the influence I have had in Jared's life is MUCH greater because I got him when he was in diapers and on the bottle. The others were older, like the age the baby is now (almost 6). He has the smaaaaallest little twang but probably not noticable to anyone else.

Why am I writing this? Who cares? I need to wake up.
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I reckon your a great influence Kaela. :) You can influence us all you want too. I love your accent and I'd bug you constantly to talk to me on skype if you had the time. Your baby sounds so cute, so sweet.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

All I need is a mic hun?

I'll get whatever needed. I need the company during the day sometimes and you probably do too.

Tawkin liiiike me is easy. All vowels are long and all l's are w's. Like new yorkers have no 'r' instead it sounds like an 'a'... unda stand? Like that.

Not talking like me is the hard part. God knows I have tried. Hurts me in business until they see Im not just a dumb hick, rather a savy business woman that uses it FOR her and not Against herself.

I speak correctly, very well versed, but it sounds odd when someone speaks properly and has a THICK southern accent.

I refrain from reckon and yaw as much as possible though lol. Reckon is reserved for home use ONLY.

You just learn to camillion out.
natalie

Love your posts

Post by natalie »

Kaela.....U r definatly Kaela while u r with us. Mikaela is the savvy buisness woman. Kaela is our little ray of sunshine, who tells it like it,warts and all.
We love you babe, keep posting the way you do and we will all be siting and laughing, crying, cringeing with you.
Your accent is gr8 in text aswell as voice and if Jared has aquired a slight twang then that is gr8 too.Wish i could hear it. And as for Jeff your hubby he is now our hero for bringing up his babies on his own, no wonder you fell for him.And you are a sweety for joining him.
Havent you got msn, if not why not?! there is quite a few of us on there now.And we can add a few of us in one conversation, so you chat the hind legs of a donkey all u like, :lol: Natalie xxx :wink:
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I do have MSN and I want to chat too.

I just need to create a user name? Like with yahoo?

Trillian, in my opinion, is the best. It combines all the common chat programs into one. Really cool.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Trillian can have issues, where you get conflicts and sometimes don't receive messages.

I have always called you Mik in my head and on the boards. Its just stuck with me. Kaela I could get use to though I guess. I often wondered if you don't like it, but you never said anything so.

I love hearing accents too. we should create a yahoo chat room to pop into, when we have the chance. IRN.COM Chat or something. If anyone does.. let us know ok
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I am just way more comfy with yahoo.

Who wants to create a yahoo chat room? Easy. If ya'll like yahoo too.

Anyone that wants my yahoo nick, PM me.