Dark Red Droppings :(

Moderator: Mods

Donovan

Dark Red Droppings :(

Post by Donovan »

So.. I come home today.. the bird is happy to see me.. wants to play fetch and have a good time. okay...

After I'm done playing I realize he's left a dropping and it's dark red with normal white swirls. (instead of green with white swirls), upon further inspection i discover about 5 of these in his cage and he dropped another after i discovered it.

Two days ago he had very loose purple droppings but i attributed that to giving him a bunch of pomegranate and fresh cranberries. But today they're red. It's dry, and seem healthy other than the color.

Now, to be fair, there are remnants of red pellets in the floor of the cage, but I can't tell that he ate -a lot- of them. It's a dark red like almost maroon... or brick red.

I guess I better just see what he has tomorrow. Tonight I'm feeding him apples and squash and pork ribs, and tomorrow while I'm at work I'll give him different pellets (non colored) and see what happens.....
I'm hoping it's the pellets. He didn't like what he was given to eat yesterday so I'm hoping that he didn't really eat much of anything until today when he got the colored pellets which might encourage an abundance of reddish droppings... Not a good time to go to the AV, that stuff is costly just go to say hi.
ugh..
JoeysMom

Re: Dark Red Droppings :(

Post by JoeysMom »

When ever my birds eat red pellets and this color seems to be a favorite, they have a brick-red poop. It is normal. When Sam went through his purple pellet phase, he had purplish poop :lol: . In case you were worried about blood, the feces would be black in color, if internal bleeding was present.
-Joey's Mom
sanjays mummi

Re: Dark Red Droppings :(

Post by sanjays mummi »

Blackberries turn Sanjays do do a pretty colour! :D