Fingernail Polish

Moderator: Mods

ranechild

Fingernail Polish

Post by ranechild »

So I have had a tiny bit of orange polish left on my big toenails from a pedicure some unmemorable time ago. Fats loves to go after my big toes when we are on the couch. I think it's the polish that attracts him--it certainly isn't the smell.
I was thinking about going to get my nails done today.... Do you think having all nails painted will be better or worse than having part of one toes painted? Do you think color would make a difference?

Fats is only 6 months old. he has not seen my nails painted except for the little left on my big toe nails... come to think of it, that was probably from the cruise I went on just before I went to pick him up...
How do your birds react to painted nails?
Melika

Re: Fingernail Polish

Post by Melika »

Hane seems to ignore toenail polish, for some reason he likes to preen toes in general. I don't know about fingernail polish, since I cannot paint my nails in my profession, but I know some IRNs will react badly to the colour red.

If your bird isn't set in a routine and things change around him all the time, then he'll adapt alright. At worst you'll have an obsessed bird for the time they are painted. XD
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
JoeysMom

Post by JoeysMom »

My birds do not seem to mind if I paint my toes. But my fingernails are another story. They absolutely hate it! This is probably because I have only done this once in the 7+ years I've had birds. I polished them recently for an occasion. Sam flew off his house to hide, and Joey refused to see me :roll: . I took it off, and haven't and won't do it again. Joey loves to gently preen/chew on my nails, so I'd rather leave them clean and natural for her anyway. :mrgreen:
-Joey's Mom
jmlw7

Post by jmlw7 »

Remy doesnt care about my fingernails, but they are painted neutral colors...however, she attacked my big toe last week. My toenails are painted a bright pink/orange color and we were sitting on the floor, building toys together, minding our own business and then she ran over and bit my big toe hard. Very random. I think its the color for sure.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Maybe if Remy has some toys that colour it will give her something to do........
-MissK
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

Well, there is no difference in the attention paid to my feet with new nailpolish.
Hands however... I have had a few extra bites to my fingernails and finger tips. At first Fats was reluctant to step up... he's over it now.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

This weekend a friend wanted to see my newest bird. He's always happy to get attention and step up and be talked to. He was happy with her until he spotted her red fingernail polish, and then suddenly he was terrified. He started flopping around and screaming and just doing everything he could to get away from her.
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

Since this post I have decided that Fats is enamoured with my toes--painted or not. All the birds do try to eat my fingernails when they are painted bright colors. I've toned down the colors I use and they seem less interested now.