What Peanut IRN or ARN?

Moderator: Mods

084bar

What Peanut IRN or ARN?

Post by 084bar »

Hi all

My Peanut is 1year old sometime by the 25 September 2013, I have just been informed the s/he might not be a Indian ringneck but a African ringneck. I live in South Africa in the eastern cape when I bought Peanut I was told that s/he is a IRN, but now I am not sure because I only have one can't compare the sizes.

Peanut personality:
Hate to be touch on the back, wing and head but can touch or gently rub beak and feet. dose not mind if s/he come out of own while showing off let me touch very gently on head (but as I say only when s/he want to), Never bites me or family because I don't make him do anything dose not want to. Peanut is saying few word form about 6months old (come big boy, come pretty boy, pick a boo, my car alarm and few whistles). Eat nearly everything can get little beak on but dose not like carrot raw or cooked.

I have attached a photo with a ruler so you can see the size. Ruler is 30cms long
Regards
Barbara

Another Indian ringneck lover and Peanut

SCB 22

Re: What Peanut IRN or ARN?

Post by SCB 22 »

Hi looks like a normal indian ringneck. First key giveaway for African Ringnecks is a distinctly darker beak, both upper and lower.

A black lower beak is normal for a indian ringneck, as they mature, with a red upper, African ringnecks are both very dark.

Hope this helps :-)

Here are pics from another site of a male and female AFRICAN Ringneck,

Then here is a pic of my green indian ringneck, hope it shows the difference?

ellieelectrons

Re: What Peanut IRN or ARN?

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi

Oops! I wasn't trying to say I thought you had an African Ringneck, I was just trying to explain why I moved your posts out of the "African Ringneck" part of the forum. I'm sorry for confusing you.

Ellie.