Bath time freak out!

Moderator: Mods

Little_Bailey

Bath time freak out!

Post by Little_Bailey »

hey again guys,
Well bailey is starting to moult so i figure il try bath him more well thats was not such a good idea! I tried a bath in warm water a shower even i freaking spray bottle with warm water! and he goes balistic tries to fly away squeaks, flaps his wings has a real panic attack, so now i have given up!!!! :? even when i just put a bowl of water in his cage he wont even do it himself? any suggestions on what i can do?

Thanks xx
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Get a spray bottle/mister adn use that. Prinny HATES the shower and will not use a bowl of water either but a spray bottle...she will take that.

Dani and Prinny
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

duckys going through the same thing moulting and wanting nothing to do with a bath. I am spraying daily but freaks when i do it, she just doesn't want to get wet...odd
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

What really encourages my birds to bath is putting down a BIG (as in wide but shallow) fresh bowl of water and make a big deal out of it.. "MMmm clean water.. Bath bappy bird!" And **I** sit there and splash my hand in the water and make like it's really fun.

They tend to be less interested if it's not a flock event. Like in the wild there needs to be lookouts when the others play in water to watch for dangers.
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Try letting the vaccum run in the background. Or a faucet running full steam.

Both of those sounds are known to get birds interested in bathing. If you see the little face going into the dish for a bath and splashing around, try gently misting him to help him along.

Bathing is something they have to get used to if they don't get it often, but it is something they learn to LOVE.

Athena
Little_Bailey

Post by Little_Bailey »

hey guys i figured out why he hated the spray bottle in the first place... well i read somewhere that they are frightned of red! heheh silly me had a red water sprayer prolly scared him senseless! so i bought a new one and it kinda worked, he still tired to fly away and had abit of a winge but when i turned my back he had his head in his water dish trying to bathe! YAY!!!! we have success, thanks guys! :)