Beak issue

Moderator: Mods

clawnz

Beak issue

Post by clawnz »

Can anybody help with this?
I have someone who not a member here and I am pasting this pic for him.
Here is his comment.
Indian ringneck BEAK problem!! Helpppp?
Hi, I've noticed black on the tip of my ringnecks beak, and the sides is peeling off, it's normally red but now it's peeling off and turning black, I feed her fresh seeds daily with fruits/vegetables, its about a year old thanks
So what do you guys think?
SCB 22

Re: Beak issue

Post by SCB 22 »

Hi there,

the beak colour does change as they mature, and unless her beak is missing huge chunks, dont worry too much, ensure she has a rough perch, or something to allow her to wipe her face on, i find our love rubbing their beaks on their calcium perch after they have enjoyed a particularly good meal.

As long as you are feeding her a balanced diet, and it does not get worse, it shouldnt be anything to worry about :-)

Hope this helps!
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

The black tip is normal. The peeling is also normal but can be controlled with either a cement perch or something ales equally rough to rub its beak on. Here in Hawaii we use lava rock. Hope that helps :)
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

clawnz

Post by clawnz »

Thank you!
I did tell the owner I thought it was nothing to worry about, but have no experience so came to you for help.
I think they have joined the forum? But was unable to post pic, so did it for them.
Again thanks.