The size of a male Indian Ringneck.

Moderator: Mods

Itsy123

The size of a male Indian Ringneck.

Post by Itsy123 »

I have a male Indian Ringneck that is about two years old. My question is what is the average size for an IRN? My IRN was in really bad shape and really malnourished and I'm afraid it might have stunted his growth because I have seen another Indian Ringneck before that was huge compared to mine. The best way I can describe his size is by comparing to a conure. He is about the size of an adult green cheeked conure. I don't know if that helps.
]Animals are meant to be free, but the human race is constantly at battle trying to keep them contained. We are all animal abusers.
MissK

Re: The size of a male Indian Ringneck.

Post by MissK »

Itsy, possible your Indian Ringneck is actually an African Ringneck?

-MissK
-MissK
Itsy123

Post by Itsy123 »

hmmmmm ive never heard of those im going to look it up now
]Animals are meant to be free, but the human race is constantly at battle trying to keep them contained. We are all animal abusers.
Itsy123

Post by Itsy123 »

I do have an african ring neck!!!!!!! This is so exciting this whole time I thought he was soooo sick that it stunted his growth but nooo he perfectly normal in that aspect even the beak is the same and everything.....thank you so much miss K
MissK

Post by MissK »

Itsy! Isn't that great! I wish we had a dancing icon here, but we don't, so........

:D :) :o 8) :lol: :P :roll: :wink: :!: :idea: :mrgreen:

Congratulations!

-MissK
-MissK
Itsy123

Post by Itsy123 »

so the size and the beak coor was the only difference hmmmmm well today i grabbed him from the cage and he knows up pretty well i started to give him banana but for the first time since ive got him he didnt try to fly away from my finger I talked and talked away :) he looked at me with such interest i tried feeding him some banana but he wouldnt take it and i know its his favorite treat because he devours it when i put it in his foood dishes!!!! progress!!! I dont care if he ever talks in his life im just glad hes trusting me all i want to do is eventually be able to cuddle with him :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Well deduced MissK!

I'm so glad he has found you Itsy.

Ellie.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Talking is as talking does.

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Itsy123

Post by Itsy123 »

Thank you ellie :) I'm glad i found him too :) and miss k how come you wished he never talked? Was he really loud?
MissK

Post by MissK »

He was quiet, but he just said the same thing over and over. It became tiresome.

-MissK
-MissK