Varying my IRNs diet.

Moderator: Mods

Taylor

Varying my IRNs diet.

Post by Taylor »

Hi

My baby is currently eating seed as well as fruits and veg such as corn, carrot, apple and sweet potato. I was just wondering the other food products that are safe for IRNs to eat that are also enjoyable to give me the chance to vary her diet a bit :D any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks..
fionalouise1989

Re: Varying my IRNs diet.

Post by fionalouise1989 »

Hey there,

Have a look under the diet/housing there is a thread called what to feed your parrot its a sticky so it should be at the start of it
or here is a link http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=8078. My IRN loves capsicum, peas, passionfruit, beanettes, (grapes and chillis- i use these as treats though as he go nuts for them), he will also eat other fruit and vege but these are his favourites. Ive heard that brocolli is very good for birds. Also Ive just started him on some museli stuff that has oats, whole grains and dried fruits in it which he also likes but not as much as his fresh fruit and veges. Cant forget boiled eggs/scrambled eggs as well for protein and i think the shell has calcium if you leave it on, cant remember how often it is recommended though.

Hope that helps
Fi
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Thankyou so much will definitely give some of these foods a try and check out that thread :D

You definitely helped Thankyou again.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Shreds of cooked chicken as well as egg. Papaya, melon (with seeds), pomegranate, think seedy foods. Walnut halves too. Sanjay adores passion fruit flesh, and globe grapes with their big crunchy seeds. Pak Choy is eagerly shredded. Finding foods for Sanjay is fun!.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Thank you. I have tried some of these foods and found that peri absolutely loves egg, muesli and passionfruit. Your suggestions really helped and i am gonna keep her trying new things :D
fionalouise1989

Thats great to hear Taylor!! Definitely good that Peri likes museli haha mine tends to eat the dried fruit then have a pick at the oats afterwards.
Fi
MissK

Post by MissK »

best wishes

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
fionalouise1989

hey miss K

I think I remember you saying that in another post now. I will give it a go for sure thanks :-)

Fi