IRN fluffed feathers n looking very sick

Moderator: Mods

birdlover321

IRN fluffed feathers n looking very sick

Post by birdlover321 »

last week one of my friend gave me a wounded IRN whose one wings was broken, his bone was broken and came out from inner side of feather and wound was rotten, smelling very bad.
I started taking care of that bird, washed his wound twice a day and used some wound healing powder.Now his wound is 95% ok but he doesn't have control on broken wing. well, i am not worried about wound because that ll need time to recover but issue right now is He sits on a small wooden stand in corner of cage or hides himself in Box with fluffed wings and very silently.
His condition seems really bad..I don't know what's wrong and the place i am living, there is no proper doctor for birds.so i need proper guideline and help to take the bird out of misery. i m new user here, so dnt know how to posts pix here
rod038

Re: IRN fluffed feathers n looking very sick

Post by rod038 »

Keep the bird warm. Make sure it is still eating and drinking and if not you may need to get a syringe and force feed it. These are the most important things for now. It may still be recovering from its infection but it sounds like you are doing a good job so far.