One egg Disappeared

Moderator: Mods

Eshana

One egg Disappeared

Post by Eshana »

Hi - I was so excited last week when I found my Ringneck had laid 3 eggs. Yesterday I discovered that 1 egg was missing. I cannot find any eggshells in the box or outside the box. Have no idea what happened. Could she perhaps have eaten the egg? :( :? If someone could help......

Thanks....Regards
Eshana
Eshana

Re: One egg Disappeared

Post by Eshana »

Thank you Molossus. No chance of rodents getting in as it is a new cage and I have double (large) mesh wire over the box or square bar cage (to keep snakes out). My bird is in a large aviary with a number of other birds, so it is possible another bird got into the box, but she is a very good mum and does not leave the box except when I feed her, but I do make sure the other birds don't go anywhere near her nesting box, whilst she feeds. She is also very protective and will not allow any bird near her box, other than the male. The male being the culprit is also a possibility. Will it be a problem if I move her and the nesting box out of this cage, to a new, smaller cage?

Kind Regards
Eshana
Eshana

Post by Eshana »

Thanks Molossus - understand it will be too traumatic for her. Am in the process of moving the other non-breeding birds to another cage which should be ready in a couple of days...thanks for the advice. Have another pair that are mating and have picked their nesting box but have not laid as yet. Should I move them and their nesting box?

Cheers
Eshana
Eshana

Post by Eshana »

Thanks Molosuss - will do. Have as yet to get the book from Avizandum...been really busy with Eid preparations...will definitely get it after Eid. I sorely need it...but thank God for you!

Kind Regards
Eshana
Eshana

Post by Eshana »

Thanks Molossus...Sorry, only logged on today. Have been so busy. Thank you for the Eid greeting...Eid was exhausting. Will be visiting you soon. Will call ahead.

Cheers
Eshana