:( MY INDIAN RING-NECK:

Moderator: Mods

jjboy

:( MY INDIAN RING-NECK:

Post by jjboy »

peeper my Indian ring-neck,his feathers are pulling off especially his tail he has just two feathers on his tail now...he likes stucking his wings into the bars on his cage and he looks really bad right now,pls i need help on how to treat him and to know the causes

jjboy
NatalieM

Re: :( MY INDIAN RING-NECK:

Post by NatalieM »

Maybe he is furstrated because his cage is not big enough? What cage do you keep him in?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

If he is plucking, try and get grapes that have seeds. Try a spray to deter him or ask your avian vet for an Elizabethan collar. He may be bored, increase foraging, and finally, purchase a tub of "Feather Up".
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

A vet check is the best place to start to rule out disease but all of the other suggestions are good ideas too. I can't recommend foraging highly enough.

Ellie.
Melika

Post by Melika »

I'm with Natalie and wonder what size your cage is. It should be large enough that he can turn around and flap his wings without hitting the bars (and a free space in the cage somewhere for flapping unhindered by toys).

If his feathers are breaking from hitting the bars, he will either 'clip' them off with his own beak or they will come off on their own.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
celestral

Post by celestral »

i just want to mention that my male indian ringneck parrot has only just grown all his feathers back after pulling them out due to the stress of being in the same cage as our female bird.i also had noticed in the past when this has happened that they don't like loud noises.i hope you get your bird sorted out soon.
jjboy

Post by jjboy »

my female ring-neck parrot is kinda bonding with me a little she eat's from my hand even very tiny things like bird seeds without trying to bite me but when i try to teach her how to step up or keep her on my hand she runs away and peeper's own is a really different case if i try to feed him with apple he does as if he was gonna bite me but i was'nt scared sudenly he just draged the apple out of my hand and i left it for him.he holds apple or any friut i give him on his hand but the girl hardly hold it on her hand instead she wants me to feed her or she takes from the boy does that mean she is pregnant or what i need help on the two of them pls reply....thnx