Need some help...

Moderator: Mods

JoaoPt

Need some help...

Post by JoaoPt »

I have a 7 weeks Green Ring Neck and he is on that Bluff phase , but some aspects make me wandering :

:arrow: He/she is always sleepy... eats a lot ( 14x day and then sleep ) , always open his beak like he was , well... sleepy . Keep in one leg , and sometime sneeze ...
One thing is that now.. he run away from us, and when i put him outside the cage he always go running to her...

should i be worry :roll: :?

Green Mean Machine
jmmercer

Re: Need some help...

Post by jmmercer »

My baby eats a lot, too. She also raises one foot and yawns. I asked my vet and he told me that it was normal and not to worry. If there is discharge or anything you should contact your vet. Any experts around the forum might be able to give more insight. Keep working with your baby, after about three days I could touch my birds beak and get her to step up easily. It just takes time for them to trust you. Don't be disheartened. :)

JoaoPt

Post by JoaoPt »

jmmercer
Thanks :mrgreen: its because im new to all of this and dont know whats natural and whats not...
Green Mean Machine
jmmercer

Post by jmmercer »

This is my first IRN, too. I'm just researching like crazy. Lol :)

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Perching on one leg indicates good health and normal behaviour. Yawning is their way of "popping" their eardrums. And a sleeping chickster is a growing chickster.
JoaoPt

Post by JoaoPt »

Thanks for the good tips :idea: :idea:

Yes i am researshing as well, but must be on english sites, because i found more info in english that in my language ....

moving on....

anyone got this same reaction ?
My Ring neck starts to fly ( 7 weeks old ) and wont come to us, i put him outside the cage, and he starts to fly around and walking on the floor, and yes, go against the walls, doors, windows etc...
Must be part of him, a new thing for him and wont pay attention to us, does anybody have the same situation ?
Or do we have to do some exercises so he can pay attention to us... ideas need ,

Share your´s storys
Green Mean Machine
jmmercer

Post by jmmercer »

Emerson will generally stay on her play top on the top of her cage, but she does occasionally get adventurous. If she's not sure of something, she will look for a way to "get out."
I just spend time talking to her and petting her wings. She's getting much better at stepping up and letting me scratch her beak. :) It takes time, but your birdie buddy will get used to you and your routines. ;)

JoaoPt

Post by JoaoPt »

humm... my Zuzu is on the bite phase , so... your lucky your let you to step up. :wink:

well gonna have paticience ...
Green Mean Machine
jmmercer

Post by jmmercer »

Indeed. :mrgreen: I can't wait until she says her first word or does her first trick. ;) We're just taking things one day at a time.