Bad beak condition

Moderator: Mods

Scruffymurphy

Bad beak condition

Post by Scruffymurphy »

Hi everyone. My 6 month old ring neck is going through her first moult and we noticed a few cracks appear on her beak. Eventually the whole right side of her beak had the top red surface peel off leaving her with a black beak underneath. Also the other side of her beak isn't bright red and smooth like it used to be. Is this normal?
Molossus2

Re: Bad beak condition

Post by Molossus2 »

Can you post a pic to assess the overall health of the bird?
Scruffymurphy

Post by Scruffymurphy »

Thanks yeah I will try and work out how to do it
AiSell

Post by AiSell »

I can'yt see pics, but may be you need to bring your precious to vet immediately!
Scruffymurphy

Post by Scruffymurphy »

I have tried but I can't post any pics. Her beak seems to have gotten a bit better. It still doesn't look very attractive but no more has peeled off. It looks like it will slowly fix itself. It all seems strong and doesn't stop her from eating or trying to escape her cage, it is more of a cosmetic thing.
claire31

Post by claire31 »

Hi when we first got our lutino ringneck she had a patchy beak, did the same you have and came on here for help, vaseline was the suggestion i got and it worked just a little put on her beak once a day fixed the problem really quickly, I also give her a cod liver capsule well the inside squeezed out onto her food once a week. Hope that helps