Dusty

Moderator: Mods

ciqala20

Dusty

Post by ciqala20 »

Hey so i heard cockatiels could get really dusty but ididnt know IRNs could too any suggestions? she doesn't like the spray bottle
taywer321

Re: Dusty

Post by taywer321 »

My birds don't like to be sprayed either, but they love getting in the shower with me, and bathing in the sink. Experiment to see what your bird likes.. Some birds enjoy misting, while others would rather bathe in the sink. Some prefer bathing in still water from a dish.. One of my birds actually flies into the bath with me and sits on my leg under the faucet while the water comes out. HAHA :-D
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

One of mine likes to be misted, the other doesn't. They both like the shower and I also got them a water bowl big enough to bathe in. I have perches for them in the shower and take them in with me most days. At first they were scared of the shower but after some time they grew to love it.

Ellie.
AiSell

Post by AiSell »

Well I bought a bird "bath" product made by a reputable company and began misting it on him. In a very short time he stopped wanting baths and it took months for him to regain his pleasure and comfort in baths. Luckily, he has been back to enjoying his daily baths for several years now.
AiSell

Post by AiSell »

My two precious are adore to have a bath and oh everything around is in wet :D
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

One of my conures actually lays down underneath the running water in the bottom of the sink and lets herself become drenched.. Bath time is soo much fun. :-)