bird shows

Moderator: Mods

Endlessaley

bird shows

Post by Endlessaley »

Does anyone have experience with bird shows? I have never been to one before. I moved to Florida recently, there are a ton of shows here, theres one next weekend about half an hour from me. I wanted to go an check it out. I don't know if its a good idea to purchase birds at these? But I have heard the prices are great so Ill check it out. At least get some toys or some food. I want to hear everyone's experiences and opinions about these. Thanks
jhebert9

Re: bird shows

Post by jhebert9 »

You'll probably find cool mutations. Usually you can get healthy birds there because they are from good breeders, they just generally won't be as tame because chances are they're breeding lots of birds if they are participating in the show.
Darwin, Turquoise Chick
Endlessaley

Post by Endlessaley »

thanks for the response...

Good to know they dont have a bad rep for being unhealthy. I have a feeling if I see a cute irn or alex i wont be able to resist!
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

I say go! There are really great deals and lots of mutations available. I love going to shows and seeing everything there. I have never had bad luck, but i could just be lucky.

Hope this helps :wink: ,

IMRAN-C
Endlessaley

Post by Endlessaley »

well I just came back from the bird show and it was dissapointing. It was very very small. There were a couple of stands with feed and toys and some birds, but mostly finches and lovebirds. There was a lady with some birds including a green irn. According to her he was 7 months old. All his tailfeathers were broken and raggedy and he seemed terrified! Poor thing. She was only asking $100 for him though. She didnt know whether it was male or female of it though and seemed very careless about all her birds. People like that shouldnt be allowed to own or breed animals.

I did buy a couple of toys and a swing for Dalek, so I didnt come out empty handed. oh well
AiSell

Post by AiSell »

I really don't like bird shows :(
Azure

Post by Azure »

I know this is not that related but does anyone know if there are bird shows in sydney for irns?
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Sorry, don't know about Sydney but if you're up for a road trip, the Parrot Society annual state bird fair is coming up in March:
http://www.parrotsociety.org.au/index.p ... amic&id=68

If you call the Parrot Society's contact number, they may be able to tell you if there are any in your area?

Ellie.
Azure

Post by Azure »

Ah thanks for that Ellie!
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet