Maybe possibly get to keep my "temporary" IRN

Moderator: Mods

ciqala20

Maybe possibly get to keep my "temporary" IRN

Post by ciqala20 »

so I've been baby sitting an IRN for someone who moved to florida and couldn't immediately take the bird with her. i had thought she said she was looking to possibly sell her so i asked how much she would be willing to sell her for.

the bird is a beautiful albino IRN she is about 11 yrs old and mostly tame and i love her to bits.

My friend said she would sell her for $200......does any one think thats reasonable? I'm assuming the cage would be included considering its already at my house so any thoughts?

if i can't talk her down a few bucks than i hope my mom thinks its reasonable and will let me keep my birdy
ciqala20

Re: Maybe possibly get to keep my "temporary" IRN

Post by ciqala20 »

i feel like i shouldn't pay more than a hundred considering I've been taking care of her for three months already and have bought tons of toys and food and pay to get her wings clipped

id rather not pay anything at all
Maniiacy

Post by Maniiacy »

I think $200 is fairly reasonable, if not a little excessive when you look at age of the bird and the fact that you've been caring for the bird for a few months, now.

If you can talk her down a bit, go for it. :) I'd say buy the bird either way, as it seems that you are fairly bonded with her.
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

You make a valid point, sounds like you've been contributing your own personal money toward the bird. If this person is a friend I would explain that to them.. They should understand. Say how the bird has been living with you and being cared for by you, and you've bought it things. And I got my HAND RAISED baby IRN for $450... $200 just seems to much for a bird that age. Good luck in talking them down!! :-)
ciqala20

Post by ciqala20 »

she paid 200 when she got the bird when it was 5 and they charged 200 bc i was older so now that she's even older 200 seems like too much...i hate to put a price on ciqala but theres only so much i can pay
BugsBirds

Post by BugsBirds »

Considering the fact that you've cared for this bird for 3 months now, I would NOT pay over $75 for her AND the cage. But that is only because you have put a lot of your own time and money into the care of this bird without anything in return. The care you have given this bird should be used as compensation to the price. If it were me selling her, your "return" would be the IRN.

I work in the "pet business world". A HAND-FED, HAND-RAISED Indian Ringneck just weaned or barely older sells for $400 to $450
A HAND-FED, HAND-RAISED Indian Ringneck 5 months old and older sells for $250 to $300
An Indian Ringneck hand-fed or not, older than 10 months sells for $200 to $250

***keep in mind that "Hand-fed" doesn't mean "Tame". Hand-fed means the bird is used to humans. Who knows if the bird tolerates humans.
It's up to the person selling the bird who determines whether or not a cage is included. Most often though, it's extra.

Hope this helps :)
Endlessaley

Post by Endlessaley »

if you were to give her back, would she cover the expenses for the 3 months? If so, how much? you should deduct that amount from the $200.