Scared of baby starving

Moderator: Mods

Faaria

Scared of baby starving

Post by Faaria »

Hello

I bought a four month old IRN yesterday, and had to remove him from his mother and father to do so. He was the only baby they had this year, and they seemed very over-protected over him. He was surrounded by many other birds, and is parent-raised. Anyway, he hasn't eaten or drank water since i brought him home, and i only got him to sleep once a couple hours ago.

I am sick with worry, and am considering taking him back and trying to convince the breeder to keep him with his parents, as the breeder doesn't want him and basically gave him away to me. I've tried bringing my older female IRN up to him several times today as he got very excited to hear her and eventually calmed down and fell off to sleep because of her. And she keeps talking to him, and trying to meow at him. I've also tried so many variations of food to give him, but he just won't eat it, or even copy my older IRN eating

Any suggestions on what I can do? Or should I just give him back?
Molossus2

Re: Scared of baby starving

Post by Molossus2 »

At 4 mnths it is weaned. Copy the diet plan of the previous owner and let your own bird show it the ropes. Of this goes on for a more than a day without eating the bird will startup deteriorate. Observation is the key. If you are certain it's not eating return it.
julie

Re: Scared of baby starving

Post by julie »

also try some egg and biscuit mix,apples,grapes and other fruits. and corn of the cob.