Have a question...?!

Moderator: Mods

myrka2004

Have a question...?!

Post by myrka2004 »

Hi there, I have a question... Do you know it will be great idea to take my IRN with me for ride to my sister's house (about 2 hours drive) for all day and drive back then? May be better to live him home for that day ? He NOT go out from my home before, that why I asking...
Thank You for re-spond :?
Melika

Re: Have a question...?!

Post by Melika »

Never know til you try! As long as he is secure in a cage, he should be just fine. I find that some birds ride better in the car with a thin sheet or blanket over the cage. Just make sure he does not get too hot.

If your sister has cats or dogs in the home, I would not bring my bird. You don't know if they will want to eat your bird or not.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

Melika, thanks for respond! Will try it...Think that he will be fine because 3 months ago he flight by DeltaCargo from my breeder at Alabama to NY.
It was almost 8 hours of flight.
I have other question do I need to cover him or he will be happy to see through the window of my car? :?
Melika

Post by Melika »

myrka2004 wrote:Melika, thanks for respond! Will try it...Think that he will be fine because 3 months ago he flight by DeltaCargo from my breeder at Alabama to NY.
It was almost 8 hours of flight.
I have other question do I need to cover him or he will be happy to see through the window of my car? :?
You won't know til you try. I had some birds that would perch with their wings out a little bit, as if they were flying while we drove along. Other birds freak out when they see the world moving by at that speed. Just have a cover in case you need it. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

We come back from our trip...;) and it was so fine.
I not cover up the trip cage... and he was not so scared... he was interesting in what going around.
At sister's house... he was half of the day on back yard...the weather was great.... but I'm not live him there and always be with him.

Was so great day...
slky01

Post by slky01 »

Suki likes to ride on my shoulder in the car, or on the perch atop of her carrier. So far she seems to enjoy it.
Pamela S Morgan