Can they catch our bugs??

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

Can they catch our bugs??

Post by jen5239 »

Hello all,
This may be a stupid ? but can our babies catch our bugs? I just got over a VERY bad case of the flu. And being the ONLY person in my home that will have anything to do with my babies I had to get up every day and feed them and clean their cages. I was so paranoid! I didn't touch any of them for four days and scrubbed my hands when I was feeding them. And you can tell they totally felt neglected during those four days. Remmi wouldn't stop screaming. Which was not so great considering how sick I was and how badly I just wanted to DIE when he wouldn't stop. Monday I even started crying I felt so sick and he was just screaming and screaming. But he just wanted attention. And Byndi bit the crap out of me Monday and made my finger bleed. As if I wasn't in enough pain already! Little brat! But do any of you know if they can catch the cold or flu from us?? Just wondering. (heck of a way to ring in the new year, let me tell you! :cry: )
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

http://www.vetmed.wisc.edu/pbs/zoonoses/

Some light reading ;).

The short answer, no, usually they cannot catch what we have. There are exceptions, but they are not common.

Athena