Why does Sinatras tail keep breaking???

Moderator: Mods

Sinatras mum

Why does Sinatras tail keep breaking???

Post by Sinatras mum »

Hi all!
Well this is my first post so hiii everyone. My name is Merna and I'm from Sydney australia.
I'd like to tell you how I came to have Sinatra. My husband was driving to work one morning and a few cars in front of him had swerved to miss something on the road. My husband stopped and found a small scared bird. The baby bird looked tattered, was tired and was in desperate need of some tlc so he brought him home to his new mama - me! It still brings a tear to my eye to think what would have happened if my husband hadn't stopped :cry:
I have had a few ringnecks over the years but I have never experienced this problem. My husband didn't think Sinatra was a ringneck he didn't have the gorgeous long tail. Upon closer inspection you could see that his/her tail had broken off. I have had Sinatra for about 9 months now and everytime his tail starts to show just a tiny bit I find it on the floor again this has happened a few times since I've had him.

Has anybody heard of this? He is not a caged bird (except bedtime) and he is not a wild child jumping off furniture or anything.

is my baby ever gonna have a beautiful tail? I love him regardless
but just wondering.

Sorry for going on and on!! Thanks in advance

ps I've named my baby Sinatra but that is because of his beautiful blue colour - however I don't yet know the sex
Wessel Gordon

Re: Why does Sinatras tail keep breaking???

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Hi Merna,

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you're taking good care of Sinatra. Is it possible to get him to a vet to have his tail looked at and while you're at it have him checked out for other possible lingering issues due to whatever caused him to end up in the middle of the road?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Wessel
Sinatras mum

Post by Sinatras mum »

Thanks for your kind welcome and reply Wessel. I'm looking into finding an avian vet in my area. Hopefully they will have some answers. Other than his tail he is thriving and is a pleasure to have.

Will post back any news.
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

I hope you find a reputable avian vet soon. I just mentioned other possible issues because my first thought on reading the post was that he was hit by a vehicle and might have sustained some minor internal damage as well. Let's just hope Sinatra and the vet proves me wrong.