just a quick question

Moderator: Mods

Codys Mom

just a quick question

Post by Codys Mom »

me and my hubby were discussing the possibility of adopting another ringneck in the future only this time we would like a male but since we have a female and have no intentions of breeding this is a bad idea right ? and thoose of you who don't breed and have male and female ringnecks tell me how that is working out
we were just talking nothing is planned or set to happen any time soon
countrygirl1

Re: just a quick question

Post by countrygirl1 »

We have a male and female brother and sister and don't want to breed from them.

They do not mate. This maybe due to the fact that they don't have a nesting box or anywhere to lay eggs. Just a suggestion.
julie

Post by julie »

I would wait and see how the one you already have works out. If they want to breed they will find a way box or not.I had a male and female in a quarantine cage,all that was in the cage was a perch and food and water bowls and they were mating right in front of us,they had a clutch that year.
ShirleyBird

Post by ShirleyBird »

This thread will probably be edited also....can't show others faults...lets ignore and pretend everyone is a great owner and committed to their birds....I read last links before they were removed and i am voting NO on obtaining another bird....at least for a long while until all your other issues are resolved. I wish you the best on whatever you decide.
IMG_20110813_181145-1.jpg
Codys Mom

Post by Codys Mom »

before anyone gets all upset here or gets defensive it was just a question nothing more no one has made any plans on buying or adopting a male ringneck ok it was just a thought just wanted some opinions and we have decided not to get a male ringneck because I do not want them bonding to each other and go through all I went with 2 quakers which was terrible , they became very bitey and almost vicious towards any humans and now that Blueberry is in a fantastic home and is doing great and Opey is back to his sweet good natured self I don't think I would ever want male and female of the same species again
so chill out it's not going to happen , Peanut is so sweet and cuudly I wouldn't want to change that and I hope she stays that way
julie

Post by julie »

Wow .that's a pretty sad story for the Quakers poor birds.
Codys Mom

Post by Codys Mom »

how is that a sad story for the quakers? they were not together that long and they had their own seperate cage they were not housed together but when they were together which was 90 percent of the time because they always found a way to each others cage , actually it turned out good for the fact that Blueberry went to a friend of mine at work and she is spoiled rotten , she has a ton of toys , eats very good including lots of veggies and fruits and her pellets and she gets lots of out of cage time and lotsssss of attention and she is doing great and loves her new home and Opey is back to his sweet self no aggression at all and Opey always gets lots of attention and lots of time out of his cage , the only time my birds are locked up is when we are not at home and when it's their bed time
julie

Post by julie »

:roll:
Codys Mom

Post by Codys Mom »

your prediction is wronggggg we are not getting a male ringneck and none of my birds are going any where and since you brought up Riley , you should know a little bit about Riley , Riley was a very aggresive bird towards me and my husband you weren't here so you don't know do you , so you need to let things go all I asked was a question I didn't ask for anything else so dropt it and I didn't come to this forum to hear all this crap I joined to learn more abour ringnecks not to get harrased by you or anyone else
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

This topic has been locked! In fact, I am quite disappointed in the behavior here. Quite frankly we are not here to judge or point out people’s faults. We change people through love and kindness—not through petty remarks. I don’t care about Cody Mom’s past nor should anyone else here. She simply stated a question and she deserved an answer that is worthy of a proper response.

There are many other forums online that tolerate this cliquish behavior—we do not. We welcome everyone and no question is a dumb one. Though Cody Mom has rehomed many birds for whatever reason, it is important we be there to help her as she came for advice—not to be judged.

I should also point out; I understand the passion of many here for these parrots as it shows in your responses. Keep in mind, I have been helping hundreds of parrot owners and I find the only way to change people is through compassion and an open eye. Remember one thing, we are here for the birds—nothing else. :roll:

IMRAN-C