Update from my end.

Moderator: Mods

pinkdevil

Update from my end.

Post by pinkdevil »

So far in the nest I have 3 pairs of ringies on 12 eggs. Colours expected are good old green :D , blue, grey, lutino, blueino (all hens), pallid (hens) and pallidino (males). Hatch date is anywhere from first week in Sept, not long to go now. Also have 2 more, possibly 3, pair to go down yet, basic colours from them.
Rainbow Lorikeets surprised me with 2 eggs again. I am currently hand raising 2 7 week old chicks from their last clutch.
I bought a pair of breeding sun conures a couple of months ago. I am trying to convince them it is a great idea to breed...NOW!! :lol: Maybe romantic music to help set the mood might help??? :roll: :P :wink: :wink:

So that is about all from my end at the moment. Hope everyone else is having a good breeding season with healthy chickies on the way. :)
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Update from my end.

Post by ringneck »

My fingers are crossed for you tasha! :wink: I can't wait to see your new photos this year--always stunning! I bet you are so anxious to see the babies! Do me a favor and give them all treats for me! :OP How many breeding pairs of sun conures do you have Tasha?

Your Bud,

IMRAN-C
rod038

Re: Update from my end.

Post by rod038 »

Its a great time of year thats for sure.

I had my first egg on 29/7 this year. Last year it was the 1/8 and I had 1 pair not lay till the 14/9.

My Violet Blue pair laid 5 eggs and I placed them under a Foster pair which had laid 5 eggs that I removed. So far 4 have hatched and the last should hatch tomorrow. The Violet Blue pair should lay again this week hopefully.

I have another pair (Blue and Grey) that laid 4 eggs plus I added another egg from the Foster pair. 3 have hatched so far.

Another pair (Violet Blue and Blue) have laid 3 eggs which should hatch in another 2 weeks.

The rest havent laid as yet.

So I have had 17 eggs in total for 7 chicks so far from 4 pairs.