Need Help/Advice

Moderator: Mods

billz

Need Help/Advice

Post by billz »

Just brought home a beautiful 3 month IRN and hes very smart and always trying to escape and another thing is he not very friendly will that change with time or all hope is lost.
billz

Re: Need Help/Advice

Post by billz »

okay thank you for advice!
billz

Post by billz »

another question is when should i let him out of his cage?
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

Re:"another question is when should i let him out of his cage?"
I have a 2 IRN babies... one Mikkie 3.5 m. girl and Rio 4.5 m. boy - and I was also don't knew when is better to let them out of cage.
My thought is first week is for knowing cage and Yourself,
and the second week You may let him out... or if You see that baby IRN are very scared
let him be in cage 1 more week.. that I was do with my 2nd baby girl...she still scared some times after being with me 1.5 months. (or maybe that depend that she girl)
But You need to think about clipped the wings, because she/he will make a trouble and you may not catch him/her becauseheshe will fly away from you again and again when you need to put him back to cage.
billz

Post by billz »

ok thanks how do you get them in the cage or do they eventually go inside.
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

ok thanks how do you get them in the cage or do they eventually go inside.

Re: She- Mikkie- when I first time give her a free time of cage -she play at upstair play stand all day long of course provide her/him food water, toys, vegies , fruits...etc.
When come evening - around 8Pm.... I saw that she was go down by her cage... but cage I was close before... I was watching that and come to her (not run) and open the cage and she goes by herself. But your parrot might be opposite...So , one more... she has a clipped wings - and can't fly - so when she fly -she fly down on the floor...then I was pick her up to me... and scratching and talk slowly, and now she not afrait as it was at first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVnZcTtRXA8-here our video
billz

Post by billz »

thanks again for the advice but idk how to bathe him any good methods.
Blueberrybird

Post by Blueberrybird »

Warm water in a spray bottle on spritz. I let mine put to the top of his cage and spray it over the top of him like rain, first time he wasn't so sure, now he LOVES it!he spreDs his wings and opens his moth and gets very close so I can get him good and drenched. It's one of his favorite things, he'll even stick his butt up at me so I can spritz that too!
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

My Rio (boy- 5.5 months)realy loves the spray too, but my Mikkie (girl 4.5months) (too many times watches as Rio make a bath spray)and still afraid of the spray and do the bath at her water feeder *) what ever I put at the bottom medium bowl with water too but she enjoy only beak bath in smaller bowl.