can someone show me a pic of normal beak growth peeling?

Moderator: Mods

adreane

can someone show me a pic of normal beak growth peeling?

Post by adreane »

Turkey's beak is peeling on the very tip. Its only one small layer and the rest of her beak looks healthy normal. I have been giving her high grade pellets with some seeds and lots of veggies and some fruit. She has been eating lots of plain boiled corn on the cob lately. I was told that their beaks might have growth peeling at times and I think that might be tha case with her. She is molting too and her new feathers look healthy. She has lost and grown back most of the feathers on her head and body but has not lost any of her wing or tail feathers yet. I have noticed some new tail feathers growing though. Can someone please post a pic of normal and abnormal beak peeling for me so I can know if what is going on with her is normal. Thanks. I can probably get a picture up of her soon too.
Azure

Re: can someone show me a pic of normal beak growth peeling?

Post by Azure »

cant find any pics but any close ups should show peeling and scratching, its normal -a BIT like nail growth-layered and always growing...
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet