start to have the ring formation

Moderator: Mods

APPK1234

start to have the ring formation

Post by APPK1234 »

Hi, At what age does an Alexandrine Parakeet start to have the ring formation? When does the light / shadow black line around neck starts? The complete black takes place in a three year span but when does this very light tinge of black line around the neck start?
Chase

Re: start to have the ring formation

Post by Chase »

I'm no expert on the mater, but I might be able to help. I got my ringnecks around 9 months old, at that point the male already had a darker ring the lower neck. The ring then and now is still very light, but there none the less.
Azure

Post by Azure »

like ringnecks this may vary... i know that in ringnecks it can take from 1.5 years to 3 years for the ring to be completely formed, thus i suspect the same for alexandrines
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
APPK1234

Post by APPK1234 »

Chase wrote:I'm no expert on the mater, but I might be able to help. I got my ringnecks around 9 months old, at that point the male already had a darker ring the lower neck. The ring then and now is still very light, but there none the less.
Thanks Chase
APPK1234

Post by APPK1234 »

Azure wrote:like ringnecks this may vary... i know that in ringnecks it can take from 1.5 years to 3 years for the ring to be completely formed, thus i suspect the same for alexandrines
Thanks Azure