Moulting?

Moderator: Mods

Ring Neck

Moulting?

Post by Ring Neck »

Hi, can any one tell me what age your ring neck had the first moult? My Ringneck has been losing alot of feathers and she is very moth eating. I don't see her plucking but she is cages with another ringneck who is 3 months old and in perfect feather. Rio, the one moulting is 5 months, she started at 4 months. I am worried that Jewel the other ringneck is plucking Rio, I hear them squawking at each other. I work all day so I don't know what they do to each other when I am not home. Rio had all the blood work and was tested for all the avian diseases and they all came back excellent.
Rio looks so bad. They have alot of toys and I feed them well. They have a large cage and come out on the playtop.
Thanks.
Ring Neck

Re: Moulting?

Post by Ring Neck »

Rio seems to be fine after all, I am sure it was her first molt, pin feathers are coming and the new feathers are brighter. She still has feathers did not molt yet. Her tail is all ratty from climbing the bars.
I think she will be okay.
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

Hi,
my Rio IRN start molting at 3.5 month and my breeder told that is normal and last about 2 weeks,
but when you see new feathers growth up, he become more beautiful then.
Azure

Post by Azure »

yes thats correct
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet