Have a guess?

Moderator: Mods

Reese

Have a guess?

Post by Reese »

Hello everyone, I thought I would put some pics up of my child to see if any of you experts could have a guess on male or female. Karma is just over 7 months old and been hand raised by me from 3 weeks. This bird thinks its a person, I'm sure lots of you are know what its like. I havnt done the DNA test yet, I feel bad pulling out feathers :|
Iv read the sexing article but I really don't know birds well enough to make a guess that I trust. Any help would be great :)
dog_glenn123

Re: Have a guess?

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi Reece nice IRN,

Its a boy.

Thanks Glenn
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

What a beautiful Ring Neck, I am new to Ring Necks, I have two of them. I have read that males do not get the rings around their necks until after 2 years of age. You should get a dna test. I do my own dna test and I cut the nail just a little short to use two drops of blood on the sample card.
My ring necks did not seem to mind.
Azure

Post by Azure »

he's such a beautiful bird!!!
it would be like pulling a hair but less painful (as they do moult! so it must be right?)
he's so lovely... good luck with him!
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
Reese

Post by Reese »

Thanks, hes a great bird. I will probably end up getting the dna test I just figured Id post on here first so what people say. I wanted a male but it was more important to me that I get one young enough to bond to me and become totally comfortable around people. Non were sexed at that age.
Glen, how come you say male?
cheers
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi judging by its head and front body,
Also i think he is closer to 1 year then to 7 months.

Thanks Glenn
Reese

Post by Reese »

He is definitely seven months, Iv had him since a baby and know his birthday.
I hope you're right :) thanks.