Vacation- what do you do?

Moderator: Mods

rod038

Re: Vacation- what do you do?

Post by rod038 »

I think having the birds stay with the person you bought the birds off would be the best option. At home they would be there by themselves for most of the day and specially in the early stages of having them this might develop bad habits. I wouldnt want my birds to go to a boarding place and mix with other birds, although I do send my dog to one when we go away and she seems ok with the whole ordeal. Birds are a bit more succeptible to disease though.
Lauren
Site Admin

Re: Vacation- what do you do?

Post by Lauren »

If you had your bird longer and it got to know 'visitors' or other family members id say ask someone it knows to take care of s/he.. but you will not have had your baby long enough for s/he to build some trust in others who come to your home. I would suggest asking the adult son who is socializing s/he if its possible.
I have a similar issue in september. I will be going away too and I dont know who will look after my 2 (breeders) and their chicks if we have any by then. Last time I had my sister living here with us and she looked after them, she doesnt have the time anymore and moved out. This year I have no idea! :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year