hi and a question about rings

Moderator: Mods

swifthalf

hi and a question about rings

Post by swifthalf »

Firstly hi to all here and to say this site is great .My question is this yesterday i whent and got my self a yellow ring neck that we have named sunshine we decided to get a bird from a breeder so we would have a good chance of getting a good bird . After scanning the net we found a breeder near to us and rang him to arrange to look at some birds made a time to go and did so he was advertiseing the birds close rung with hatching certs so sounded good when we got there he would not let us go in his shed to look at the bids and brought out 3 babys one yellow one green and one blue all had rings on there legs . i asked if we could look at more so he brought out 3 more that i thought where adults as 2 of them had the rings round there necks so i did not want as i wanted a young bird to train . So i picked the yellow female he told us to wait in the car and that he would box her up and sort the cert out when he came out to us with the cert and the box i looked at the cert and asked why there was only a hatching date filled out he said not to worry just fill the rest in when i get home from the birds ring on her leg . When we got back i let her out and noticed that she was not the bird i picked but just as pretty and healthy but no ring on her leg so i phoned him and he put the phone down on me and now wont answer i love her and we are very happy with her is ther any probs with her not being rung and can i buy a ring or regester in any way im in the uk if that makes a differance sorry if this is a stupid question but im a new to all of this thanks matt
SCB -SA

Re: hi and a question about rings

Post by SCB -SA »

Hi there,

You can get what is called a split ring or open ring to have her ringed, best advice is to take her to a local avian vet for a check up, and speak to them about it, as they would know who you could get from and where you could register your bird!

Good luck with your little one and dont forget to post pics!
swifthalf

Re: hi and a question about rings

Post by swifthalf »

thanks was just a bit miffed will post pics up soon thanks for you quick response not impressed with this breeder at all as sunshine was not the bird i picked but would never take her back she is so pretty and so funny.