how long did it take you?

Moderator: Mods

courty (:

how long did it take you?

Post by courty (: »

hey ive had Indy for 2 weeks and 4 days, yes for some reason i am counting :lol:
i got her from a pet shop where she had not been given much attention so she was 'on special' because she was starting to bite and was going a bit feral but now she doesn't bite and has improved a lot.
anyways my question is how long did it take for your bird to get use to you and let you handle them?
Indy still doesn't let me or the family touch her but she comes on our shoulders or sits with us. i've read a lot of information and from what i've gathered it depends all on your bird and can take months or in some cases years. so i thought id just ask everyone and see how long it took yous (:
i know there is no rush and i don't mind not being able to handle her she has come a long way since i've gotten her, i'm just curious.
bec

Re: how long did it take you?

Post by bec »

it varies from bird to bird
ive had some that i can touch straight away and yet others that wont let me touch them at all
some irns just never get the patting thing ...... they can be very tame but just dont like hands touching them
for only having indy a couple of weeks sounds like your doing very well with him